Baja 1000 race: who, from the Forum on what, what?

64 replies to this topic
  • irondude

Posted November 08, 2005 - 09:37 PM

Jeez.
You guys ALL need to lighten up.
It was a freakin joke. Just takin the piss out of each company down there.
Actually i went easy on Honda--this is the 650 forum....

The BMW gringos are the washed up has-beens--trying to get some publicity to keep there last chance at some glory and sponsorship--alive.
The translation for the Mexi-bmmers is 'Chingon' or if you prefer--que chingon.
433lbs over the summit? no thanks.

The austrian orange team is lame. I am no longer a fan of theirs. First we get 'Ahhhnold' and now a half ass baja effort from Austria. :applause:

The Husky dudes are cutting down on the beer for the next few days in preperation for the 1000. They might go pre-running next weekend. Or not.
They arent sure. They have already run this course so many times they dont see the point. Better strategy to just hang at Paris Club and sponsor an umbrella girl for the starting line....

---so yeah--- whts up with y'all? just a freakin joke. LIghten up!!

• Husky_Forever

Posted November 09, 2005 - 07:40 AM

The way I see it, a full blown sponsorship beats no sponsorship! If you have to be washed up to get one, then sign me up. I'LL BE WASHED UP IF IT GETS ALL MY RACE BILLS PAID FOR! If someone offered me a chance to race that BMW in the 1000, I'd leap at it. Or A Husky for that matter. Full paid sponsorships are not growing on trees. If they were, I'd have one lined up for next years Husky Score/N&H and BITD series.

The problem is Mike, some of us (me included) can't tell when you are joking and when you are serious? :ride: :applause: Steny

• huntmaster

Posted November 09, 2005 - 08:45 AM

Johnny Campbell left his house early this moring to go pre-run all week. He has a new van--and finally finished the front yard landscapping!

Is that what you call a quiet confidence then? That of a dominant rider on a dominant bike! :applause:

• Cosmo

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:44 PM

Steny,thank you! Irondude suggests that "we ALL lighten up". Then he agains bashs people. The way I 'm reading his last post sounds like he might be backing out all together? Hope he doesn't forget about my $20.00!

• PowerCell

Posted November 09, 2005 - 06:32 PM

And MY $20...

• irondude

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:27 AM

OK-Cosmo---or is it Tim Morton? Cant seem to tell the difference with you two.

Yep i am bashing Orange. Got a problem with that?

Bashing BMW - at least the cripples from north of the border. They BOTH have been bashing me and the Husky on TT--so now its time i let loose on those washed up wanna-bees. The BMW wont finish in the top 30.
Again--its just a publicity stunt.
The Husky dudes dont take themselves so seriously. For us its just a fun sport--not a way to make money.

Irondude calls it like he sees it. Always has, always will.

Lets make it $20 But with KTM no longer in the race--and Mouse Mc Coy out. Travis Pastrana out. And with Childress on the Honda team-who is left for Honda to beat?

I will bet you $20 that Heng Campbell Childress dont win 1st overall-in fact i think a truck will win--and i will bet you $20 the privateer Husqvarna Team leaves the full factory sponsored 110hp BMW with the "world famous desert racer pro's riding it" in the dust.

• Baja Rudy

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Irondude, I would like to make some bets with you. Here they are:

($20) 1. Team Honda 1X, wins the overall, this includes cars, trucks and all.

($20) 2. Team Husky (your team) does NOT finish in the top 10, including cars, trucks and all. Of course, with only two riders as you have stated in the past. No excuses...flats, mechanical problems, broken bones, sick riders, pits bla bla bla...everything counts.

($20) 3. Team Husky (your team) does NOT finish in the top 10 bikes. This is only taking into account the bikes and of course with only two riders as above. No excuses...flats, mechanical problems, broken bones, sick riders, pits bla bla bla...everything counts.

($20) 4. Your Husky, ready to race, full gas and race lights weights more that 260 lbs.

Let me know which bets you would like to take. :applause:

• irondude

Posted November 10, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Rudy-
I will make some bets with YOU:

You would never stand up to American Honda and call it like you see it--$10,000.

You would never stand up to a major magazine editor and tell him you are sick and tired of the B.S. that goes into so many magazine articles about dirt bikes--$20

You have never been fired from a job for telling the truth on Thumpertalk--$20

You dont know the trail from Todos Santo to the Cabo airport, Malarrimo beach to Bahia Tortuga, or La Ventana to Arroyo Grande.--$40

Let me know which bets you want to take!!

I think Campbell will win--but only becouse i dont see any other serious teams at this years starting line. I also know damn well that it will be VERY close with the Trucks this year. VERY VERY close.
But even though i think he will win--give me some decent odds and i will take ya on.

Heres another bet for ya:
OUR TEAM BEATS YOUR TEAM.
$20
NO excuses. You have more guys on your team--twice what we have? You are the local. You are 5-7 years younger, no? You arent on a bike thats doing its first 1000 mile race....

:applause: :ride:

We are 405x--what number are you guys!?

• khelton

Posted November 10, 2005 - 03:51 PM

IronDude..you're all right, Man...go get 'em..if ya run outta money, I'll spot ya $10.

All of a sudden, the Baja 1000 is now interesting on the East Coast too...

YA gotta dmit, KTM has made some really strange and unpopular moves lately, w/ KR, World Supermoto, now this....Polaris ???

• Baja Rudy

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:25 PM

irondude, you are not taking any of my bets, you have to understand that these bets are based on your comments that you posted here on TT. I'm calling your bluff.

for example, you said that honda would not win the overall.
"I will bet you $20 that Heng Campbell Childress dont win 1st overall-in fact i think a truck will win"-- now you say that honda will win because there is no competition. there are 33 TT and 31 or so class 1 vehicles, not to mentioned 1-3 bikes that have a chance...I guess this is no competition for you!!! make up you mind before you post something like that here. :p

on a previous post you said that you can finish in the top 10 overall with 2 riders...what is your overall position now?

you have also posted that your husky is super light weight bike....I hate to go back searching for your comments but you know that you have stated this. what is the official weight now? 333 lbs?

in turn, your bets are based on emotions...standing up to american honda (Mr. Honda your XR sucks)...standing up to a magazine (Mr. magazine your editor is bias)...getting fired from Thumper talk (I don't work here)...you don't know trails that I do? (difficult to verify).

the only solid bet is the last one. your team against my team. GOOD finally something that I can squeeze my balls too. :ride: I though you would never ask.

unfortunately I'm not racing since my original team member (Rob Barnum) is now racing with his own team. so after all of this waist of time we don't have any bets. :p

see you next time. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • femurcrash

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:10 PM

Hey Tim O'Neal, are you going to race in Class 21 on that 250 bike a whole 20 feet
of grueling pavement again, get off and call it quits, like you did in the
Baja 500? Just for the recognition?

• Cosmo

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:16 PM

Irondude,I have some really strong rope here.Let me know if you want me to throw it to you.You are really sinking fast in the s#*t! So many ways to go with this. I'm just going to say,Irondude......................lighten up......again!!

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:35 PM

a whole 20 feet of grueling pavement again, get off and call it quits, like you did in the Baja 500? Just for the recognition?

No, 20 feet is WAY too rugged...
Actually, I rode 1/3 of the 500 on the BMW. Things just worked out like that for the 500.
For the 1000 I haven't decided yet. Maybe just 15 feet.

And you?

• thumpasaurus

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:36 PM

...All of a sudden, the Baja 1000 is now interesting on the East Coast too...

It was already interesting, but now it's personal. :p
I love this thread!! :ride: :applause:

• huntmaster

Posted November 10, 2005 - 08:15 PM

I think Campbell will win--but only becouse i dont see any other serious teams at this years starting line. I also know damn well that it will be VERY close with the Trucks this year. VERY VERY close.

Who would know the difference? Does SCORE even admit that the bikes have been winning the overall all these years? :applause:
They sure don't advertise the fact and their coverage always seems to imply that some trophy truck wins the overall and then oh, BTW, Johnny Campbell won the "motorcycle" class!
Even Offroad.com coverage a while back screamed something like:

[COLOR=Red]CHEVY WINS BAJA 1000[/COLOR].............

Honda wins motorcycle class

• mmxr650r

Posted November 10, 2005 - 08:32 PM

Hmmm...Think I have to add a clarification, and state that "Hengeveld" will win. To me, the "strongest link" of Team Honda...my opinion...

Rudy-
I will make some bets with YOU:

You would never stand up to American Honda and call it like you see it--$10,000.

You would never stand up to a major magazine editor and tell him you are sick and tired of the B.S. that goes into so many magazine articles about dirt bikes--$20

You have never been fired from a job for telling the truth on Thumpertalk--$20

You dont know the trail from Todos Santo to the Cabo airport, Malarrimo beach to Bahia Tortuga, or La Ventana to Arroyo Grande.--$40

Let me know which bets you want to take!!

But even though i think he will win--give me some decent odds and i will take ya on.

Heres another bet for ya:
OUR TEAM BEATS YOUR TEAM.
$20
NO excuses. You have more guys on your team--twice what we have? You are the local. You are 5-7 years younger, no? You arent on a bike thats doing its first 1000 mile race....

:applause: :ride:

We are 405x--what number are you guys!?

• irondude

Posted November 10, 2005 - 08:55 PM

I agree. I have 100% repect for Hengveld. SUPER fast. At most of the races during the last year + he has been doing most of the miles...

Not sure why this hasnt been brought up--

This is going to be Johnny Campbells last race. His tenth baja 1000 win. It will also be the last baja 1000 race for the XR650r.

Even with all the games its still very freakin impressive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh--and Cosmo. Just a reminder:

Thumpertalk: Straight talk about four strokes.

BMW is a publicity stunt.
Orange is horribly mismanaged.
Honda will win--and they have good looking lawns.
The Husky is the best bike on the starting line for this course.

My opinion. Why would I 'be going down' for voicing an opinion? Motorcycle riders like guys who have opinions.

You dont have to agree with me. And you can try character assasination--you can gang up with Bajaboundmoto and try your hardest to alienate me from this community.

But in the end its all just a cycle dude callin it like he sees it.

Maybe you can tell us why that offends you?

The BMWinnebago is a publicity stunt--nothing more. My opinion.

Cosmo and Bajaboundmoto have teamed up and have it in for Irondude!!

All i can say is: GET IN LINE!!!!!!!!!!

American Honda. Dirt Rider Magazine. Chris Haines Motorcycle Adventures.
They are all in front of ya!!!

• surfnride

Posted November 10, 2005 - 09:11 PM

How many screen names does this "irondude" have.... just an observation.... :applause:

• irondude

Posted November 10, 2005 - 09:18 PM

every time i get banned i get a new one.... :applause:

the latest is a chick from texas on a tt125 :ride:

for you newbies:

irondudes XR650r

• mmxr650r

Posted November 10, 2005 - 09:25 PM

Yep...agree again, irondude...Henge is a class act...and truly, one of the fastest, hardest working, "no complaining" guys out there. Reminding me of my old football days, he leaves the "trash talking" alone, and let's the "actions on the field", do the talking...Again, a class act...

I agree. I have 100% repect for Hengveld. SUPER fast. At most of the races during the last year + he has been doing most of the miles...

Not sure why this hasnt been brought up--

This is going to be Johnny Campbells last race. His tenth baja 1000 win. It will also be the last baja 1000 race for the XR650r.

Even with all the games its still very freakin impressive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh--and Cosmo. Just a reminder:

Thumpertalk: Straight talk about four strokes.

BMW is a publicity stunt.
Orange is horribly mismanaged.
Honda will win--and they have good looking lawns.
The Husky is the best bike on the starting line for this course.

My opinion. Why would I 'be going down' for voicing an opinion? Motorcycle riders like guys who have opinions.

You dont have to agree with me. And you can try character assasination--you can gang up with Bajaboundmoto and try your hardest to alienate me from this community.

But in the end its all just a cycle dude callin it like he sees it.

Maybe you can tell us why that offends you?

The BMWinnebago is a publicity stunt--nothing more. My opinion.

Cosmo and Bajaboundmoto have teamed up and have it in for Irondude!!

All i can say is: GET IN LINE!!!!!!!!!!

American Honda. Dirt Rider Magazine. Chris Haines Motorcycle Adventures.
They are all in front of ya!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.