Leaving red for THE BIG BLUE

6 replies to this topic
  • AzXr628

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:20 PM

I'm hopefully going to look at a 05 WR450f this week to buy.I was told that the bike has around 100 miles on it.So I will check the valves and the compression and the over all condition.Is there anything else that I should check. :banghead:

• clark4131

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:38 PM

Check to see which, if any of the free mods have been done, and done properly. Check and see what the oil and radiator fluid looks like too, i.e. burnt, low, full of metal chunks, milky, etc...SC

• AzXr628

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:54 PM

It has the Yz Throttle & internal exhaust tip.not sure on the gray wire

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • griffithds

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:08 AM

Check for frame (paint) wear above the foot pegs. A bike with 100 miles should not show boot rub wear this early. :banghead:

• mousemeat

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:18 AM

Check for frame (paint) wear above the foot pegs. A bike with 100 miles should not show boot rub wear this early. :banghead:

unless the guy owns sidi's.

• AzXr628

Posted November 09, 2005 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the help.I really would like to get this bike. :applause:

• adrianlomas

Posted November 09, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Do IT!
you wont regret it, I got my 05 about a month ago, ive got about 100 miles on it and im lovin it!! :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.