Got my very own 2003 YZ450F!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • kawirider

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:12 PM

I just got my '03 YZ450F. :lol: :busted: This is my first thumper, and it is also my first 250 class bike. This YZ is incredible, it will wheelie in all 4 gears without clutch :banghead: :banghead: and it has so much torque I find it hard to believe. It was a bit of a step up to, seeing as I used to ride a 2000 KX 125, but It is awsome and I dont think I will ever be able to ride anything else. I hope these pictures work. One problem though. The guy I bought it from endoed it on a 60 foot step up, and thus the little bit of pipe in between the muffler and the header pipe is bent and the top of the muffler is bent down a 1/4 inch as well. How much would it cost, and where would I go to get it fixed? I dont want to buy an aftermarket pipe, because this bike already has a little too much power for me right now. You can see the little bend in the pipe in the last picture. It is not too bad but if it wont be too terribly expensive to repair I would like to go ahead and fix it even though it doesnt affect performance

• Emiliano

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:18 PM

Congrats man looks really nice

• Reyndogg

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:36 PM

you should be able to find a stock exhaust for under 50 bucks...dont bother wasting money trying to get that one fixed..

good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MichiganMXer

Posted November 08, 2005 - 01:26 PM

Want to see a performance gain? Get a new rear tire.

That bike will scare you with a new rear.

• idog63

Posted November 08, 2005 - 01:35 PM

>>I dont want to buy an aftermarket pipe, because this bike already has a little too much power for me right now.

Maybe this guy should put on a pipe from a WR??

• kawirider

Posted November 08, 2005 - 02:41 PM

Well actually the whole pipe matter should be taken care of very soon seeing as a TTer has offered to sell me one and ship it for $75

• yamasaki

Posted November 08, 2005 - 03:28 PM

congrats. i love my '03 yz450f. the look on my buddy's face every weekend when i holeshot his $6.5k '05 rmz450 over and over again is just freekin priceless. :-)

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.