such thing as an off-idle RICH bog?

5 replies to this topic
  • ARin

Posted November 06, 2005 - 11:06 PM

i recently switched to a 40 leak jet, and boyeson quickshot, which did very little for my off-idle bog.

if i wick real quick off of idle, it will bog hard. is this condition ALWAYS a lean condition?? do i need to solder my leak jet shut for a richer squirt??

• bg10459

Posted November 07, 2005 - 05:57 AM

Can't say for sure, but when I was jetting, I tried a 40, 52 (50 not available at the time, but not much difference anyway) and the stock 70 in various combinations with 42, 45 and 48 pilot jets. I found the best results with the 52 leak jet and the 48 pilot (sea level, 80 - 90, high humidity), even though most guys use and recommended the 40 lj. I too added the quick shot (but only after the jetting was as good as I could get it), which I feel made a slight improvement.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted November 07, 2005 - 09:49 AM

If the bike bogs...stumbles/stutters...and goes without stalling, then I would say that the bike is slightly rich.

But...I'm still trying to get rid of the bog on my bike....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted November 07, 2005 - 05:51 PM

Have you tried adjusting your AP squirt? CW delays it, CCW lengthens it provided it's not hitting the slide too early...SC

• ARin

Posted November 07, 2005 - 06:41 PM

Have you tried adjusting your AP squirt? CW delays it, CCW lengthens it provided it's not hitting the slide too early...SC

I originally set it to the recommened setting with the gapper tool provided with the quickshot.

I think im gonna go back and set it according to the slide.

• clark4131

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:00 PM

With the cold weather hitting us, I popped in a #45 leak and turned my AP screw 1/2 turn CW. I haven't ridden it yet, except for a quick turn around the block, but it seemed to like it...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.