06 YZF 450 REVIEW (Could be the first)

23 replies to this topic
  • DBH

Posted November 23, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Nothing to worry about boys. My '06 YZ450F puts the '05 and earlier YZF's out to pasture (for racing.) The new bike has a motor that seems to be a cross between a modified Honda '05 450F and an '05 KTM 525 M/XC. It a torquer and a revver, and has no hit anywhere. If you think this means the bike is slow, you're dead wrong. I overjumped everything on this bike because the motor is deceptively fast. My arms also appreciate the smooth power curve.

The suspension is better than any modified bike I've ever ridden, and the handling is as good as a modified '05 Honda 250F, and my '06 YZ250F.

Skip the magazines and go buy this thing. It is a winner!

• SureBlue

Posted November 23, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Nothing to worry about boys. My '06 YZ450F puts the '05 and earlier YZF's out to pasture (for racing.) The new bike has a motor that seems to be a cross between a modified Honda '05 450F and an '05 KTM 525 M/XC. It a torquer and a revver, and has no hit anywhere. If you think this means the bike is slow, you're dead wrong. I overjumped everything on this bike because the motor is deceptively fast. My arms also appreciate the smooth power curve.

The suspension is better than any modified bike I've ever ridden, and the handling is as good as a modified '05 Honda 250F, and my '06 YZ250F.

Skip the magazines and go buy this thing. It is a winner!

I hear music. Please repeat after me: "really, really good" :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JaZ

Posted November 24, 2005 - 12:19 AM

We have had another mag do a very good review here in Oz and the test riders from pro to c Grade all raved about the motor.

• Gizabious

Posted November 24, 2005 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, ADB review was excellent :applause: . We also get the powerbomb header :ride: .

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.