Help with replacement turn signal

1 reply to this topic
  • wildchubby

Posted November 06, 2005 - 06:06 PM

I am in the middle of replacing the rear turn signals on a '83 Honda XL600. This bike is new to me and came without the signals. When I plug the signal into the appropriate connections under the seat the signals do not work.

Here is the current scenerio:

When new signals are plugged in the the left front signal works but not the rear. The front is on without flashing.

When I use the right signal neither the front or the rear works and I hear a buzzing sound comming from the battery compartment.

Any idea's on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted November 06, 2005 - 06:16 PM

you need a volt meter to find out if you have voltage to the connections first...then diagnos why you dont have voltage...

Sorry, I dont have much more for ya...

I had one of those brand new in 1983. I got into more damn trouble on that bike...When the motor is fresh, it'll wheelie in fifth on the freeway if you want to...Dont ask me why I know that...

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.