BLM B.S. Once again.........

93 replies to this topic
  • rzm

Posted November 09, 2005 - 09:25 AM

Looks like hill got snagged in the latest campain. The Sheriff is now in charge of collecting fees and enforcing non compliance with that issue so that the BLM rangers can focus on making the ISDRA a "100% trash free zone" The BLM's main crackdown now is to bust people for letting any trash touch the sand and to stop people from saving camping spots. The new rhetoric is any trash left in the dunes = immediate closure of the ISDRA.

But then who will the Sheriff, CHP, BLM harass for donut money?

More info at:
www.americansandassociation.org
www.glamisonline.org

• hill5150

Posted November 09, 2005 - 09:27 AM

I'm laughing that you think you are going to beat this ticket.

Ok pooosy..............................You have no balls.....at all................

• D36 Transplant

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:21 PM

Hill,
Take a couple of steps back and take a deep breath. If the story is in fact true, it sucks you got a ticket. But what do you expect? Most of the people, if you want to call them that, at Glamis have no business driving a car let alone riding a motorcycle, quad or rail. The place is full of idiots, which is why I stay out of there. I am glad all you guys congregate down there in one area and stay out of the good riding areas. Keep in mind what the rangers have to deal with and next time you are down there and get another ticket you won't be so pissed off. Oh by the way, you might beat the ticket, but the ranger will live to write you another one. :applause:

• don87xr600

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:26 PM

Unfortunately the rangers deal with scumbags 90% of the time so they incorrectly start to treat everyone like a scumbag.

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hill,
Take a couple of steps back and take a deep breath. If the story is in fact true, it sucks you got a ticket. But what do you expect? Most of the people, if you want to call them that, at Glamis have no business driving a car let alone riding a motorcycle, quad or rail. The place is full of idiots, which is why I stay out of there. I am glad all you guys congregate down there in one area and stay out of the good riding areas. Keep in mind what the rangers have to deal with and next time you are down there and get another ticket you won't be so pissed off. Oh by the way, you might beat the ticket, but the ranger will live to write you another one. :applause:

DISCO!

• TimBrp

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:37 PM

Unfortunately the rangers deal with scumbags 90% of the time so they incorrectly start to treat everyone like a scumbag.

Unfortunately that is stereotypical. I would consider that "conduct UNbecoming an officer".

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:39 PM

tim,
have you ever been to southern california?

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:40 PM

Ok pooosy..............................You have no balls.....at all................

hey hill, how did you get the bloody nose anyway?

• RichieW13

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:51 PM

I have no balls because I don't think your ticket will be dismissed?

• hill5150

Posted November 09, 2005 - 01:03 PM

I have no balls because I don't think your ticket will be dismissed?

Nah, you just have no balls................ :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted November 09, 2005 - 01:05 PM

hey hill, how did you get the bloody nose anyway?

From Riding hard, ever try it?

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 09, 2005 - 01:07 PM

no. i prefer to take my time and let things come to me.

• TimBrp

Posted November 10, 2005 - 03:53 AM

tim,
have you ever been to southern california?

Nope, not yet. Would love to ride the pig in it's "element".

• RichieW13

Posted November 10, 2005 - 10:17 AM

Nah, you just have no balls................ :applause:

Fair enough. That's always a good argument.

• ej67ss

Posted November 10, 2005 - 09:00 PM

Where i live in Idaho couer 'd alene they are selling off the moutain that they set aside for riding on. And now land developers want to build houses there.And when they do nobody wants to hear motorcycles riding in there new back yard!!! And now we have the hikers and mtn bikers taking over my riding area too!! I love how we pay for and maintain these riding areas and then we get kicked out!! So who is going to pay for the maitenance when we are gone? Not to mention that most of the other trails i ride on are now closed. But i still ride them!! Screw them BLM guys!!!

• Gomer

Posted November 12, 2005 - 07:38 AM

I'm not familiar with BLM officers, but by the sound of it, are you sure he didn't throw the beer cans under your trailer while you were riding? Law enforcement officers know how to harass you and get away with it

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 15, 2005 - 05:28 PM

Nope, not yet. Would love to ride the pig in it's "element".

well timbrp, safe to say that the BLM and the sheriff have every right profiling people and taking on a generally short attitude when it comes to glamis.

you really have to see it to understand it. the place is filled with people who see ohvs more as vehicles to do their drinking, bbqing, and general socializing on and less than a pursuit or a lifestyle.

i.e. they are the kind of people who refer to their bikes and atvs as "toys." in addition to the "toy" people, you have ravers and gang bangers, raider fans, drug dealers, thieves, and the general riff raff that accumulates around a party. i believe if you are familor with the term "river people" you will understand the type of people who frequent glamis. just leave the booze and replace water with sand.

at most of the other ca. riding areas the land managers are very polite and are receptive to working with ohvers.

and for what it's worth, i do know a couple of families who insist on going to glamis on occasion and i've never heard any complaints from them about the land managers. the only complaints they have is in regard to the party people.

but like i said before, riders like me continue to pay lawyers so these people can have their glamis.

because we know what will happen if glamis goes away.

• new2blue450

Posted December 29, 2005 - 02:34 PM

wow, just read this whole post.....greatest ever!i laughed, i cried, and almost fell asleep. anyhow i am interested to find out just what happened.......

• XRmeister

Posted December 29, 2005 - 04:05 PM

If Glamis is full of attitudes like this, it helps explain why they are slowly shutting that area down.

:applause:

• jim1234

Posted December 29, 2005 - 05:15 PM

We ride as a family at Glamis. The only reason Glamis is open is big money and people sticking together. There're are a few troublemakers in any group. To many riders fight against each other, and we need to stick together or we're not going to have anywhere to ride. Our Ca. desert is being closed bit by bit . If you ride you should belong to a group such as the AMA, BRC, Corva etc. I've ridden in Post Falls Id. a few times great riding. It's to bad the Ca. idiots will ruin that area too. As far as Glamis it's a great place to ride . I'll have to admit I liked it 10 years ago better. I think the key is sticking together. The fighting is BS!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.