BLM B.S. Once again.........

93 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted November 07, 2005 - 09:21 PM

I think the thing with the Rangers at Glamis is being blown out of proportion. They are products of their enviroment. The Rangers don't make BLM policy, they only enforce it. I've never had any problems at Gordon's Well or Buttercup. At PCE, PCW, and the Supes, they are generally cool. Like all cops, they change when/if you are breaking the law. They'll be cool until you are riding a red sticker bike out of season without a spark arrestor. Whose fault is it for him being a "d__k" then? Bottom line is that they are usually the first one on the scene when someone is hurt, providing first aid, directing traffic around, calling a ambulance, or a life flight.

I think it's more then that at Glamis. They are too jumpy. Looking to be bad buts. Looking for a fight. The problem I was at was a red sticker bike still in the truck and the ranger was giving a ticket! That is not BLM policy. The guy in the truck was totaly cool and said, they wouldn't take it out of the truck but, the ranger started yelling and cusing...........that doesn't happen at other places. Red stickers shouldn't even matter in the sand! What is going to burn? There isn't any animals to scare. Smog? what smog? The wind is blowing 100mph and no one lives for 30 miles in any direction. It is silly and we know it but, they are squeezing and it will pop....the red coats are coming!

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 07, 2005 - 09:39 PM

I think it's more then that at Glamis. They are too jumpy. Looking to be bad buts. Looking for a fight. The problem I was at was a red sticker bike still in the truck and the ranger was giving a ticket! That is not BLM policy. The guy in the truck was totaly cool and said, they wouldn't take it out of the truck but, the ranger started yelling and cusing...........that doesn't happen at other places. Red stickers shouldn't even matter in the sand! What is going to burn? There isn't any animals to scare. Smog? what smog? The wind is blowing 100mph and no one lives for 30 miles in any direction. It is silly and we know it but, they are squeezing and it will pop....the red coats are coming!

All that being true then maybe the Rangers at Glamis are politically motivated. They may be greenies or in the greenies pocket. If that is the case they are forcing a situation to arise so that they can shut it down. Sounds like you guys are riding on borrowed time. It's already over for you there you just don't know it.

• BWB63

Posted November 07, 2005 - 09:55 PM

All that being true then maybe the Rangers at Glamis are politically motivated. They may be greenies or in the greenies pocket. If that is the case they are forcing a situation to arise so that they can shut it down. Sounds like you guys are riding on borrowed time. It's already over for you there you just don't know it.

I know it and I won't go back, well maybe but, not on a Holiday weekend. Ocotillo is next. I see it building there on Holliday weekends also. Now if you are one that can put up with long lines to go home, traffic all the way home ( for 120+ miles), like to watch the craziest stuff, then it's the place for you.....leave Early or wait and leave Tuesday :banghead: Yes, the rangers are in a bad mood, they think they have an excuse to be but, they took the job, they don't have to like it but, they are public servants....not a police state. They should give tickets that are meaningfull, for safety and provable wrong doing, not some bloody toilet paper that is going to be picked up. Beer cans everwhere, trash, drunk and they get a F :banghead: U ya, give the SOB a ticket! For those outside of Cali. that haven't see this....we are talking quadrillions of people riding, every which way. Flying off dunes over others coming up the other side. Big dunes (Not as big as Dumont) Rails hitting quads, quads hitting bikes, bikes laying on people laying in the camp fire....well not that bad...well maybe. Fights..naked women.....naked women...drunk naked women more fights over naked women........all this in two acres of land, then you can move over to the next camp and see more of the same....... :lol: double that and you are getting close....did I mention the naked women?

• Toolmaker

Posted November 08, 2005 - 04:48 AM

You had me at naked women

• al_piv

Posted November 08, 2005 - 05:59 AM

Can't say much to the point of this thread, yet Indiana (I know corn belt) has only one state run park with about 400 acres. It has 4x4's, quads and bikes.

Then there are only about five private places ranging about 400 acres, there are at least two I will never return to due to the element(s)QUAD riders at these places.

Now when it comes to my kids riding, there is only one place --
You guys in Cali have far more people riding in smaller places and we here are fighting to open lands taken away in the 60's.

It's all the same, same subject different places.
Yet, I will have to agree, this thread is “A” typical of the attitudes of most riders towards any governing bodies. We live in the land of the free, the only way to changes things is to work together.

Example(s):
Horse rider clubs have shut down more then 1600 acres in Indiana and other states.
Tree hugging Liberals have shut down the most lands of all.

These two groups are organized and educated; yet we, the largest and fastest growing body can’t manage to organize or even except responsibility for our actions. This speaks poorly for our group. Now you may say I don’t ride enough, I ride all over this great country and have meet people from both sides of the train tracks.

I am done.

• moleculo

Posted November 08, 2005 - 06:10 AM

I ride on a regular basis and stay on good terms with the Rangers. I never throw garbage on the ground thinking I will pick it up later. I always throw it in my pick up. The riding area situation is too fragile to make waves over something like picking up after myself.

:banghead: :banghead: :lol:

• RichieW13

Posted November 08, 2005 - 09:26 AM

The rangers down there act totally different then the rangers at Gorman or Stoddard wells.

I imagine that's because of their clientele.

• RichieW13

Posted November 08, 2005 - 09:28 AM

You CANNOT enter a campsite and issue tickets when it is currently being utilized for use by all tenants,

Are you saying this is a law?

I will win this battle, I will..............

ahahahahahaha

• Husky_Forever

Posted November 08, 2005 - 10:02 AM

once in a while you do run into a BLM ranger that believes in education first, warning second and then tickets or arresting third. I've met a few like this over at Superstion Mtn in Imperial County. Your right though about one thing. If the Rangers just went around , driving all day long and not handing out tickets of some kind, they wouldn't be rangers for long. They would be transferred or let go and a new, harder ranger would take there place. Steny

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 08, 2005 - 11:41 AM

once in a while you do run into a BLM ranger that believes in education first, warning second and then tickets or arresting third. I've met a few like this over at Superstion Mtn in Imperial County. Your right though about one thing. If the Rangers just went around , driving all day long and not handing out tickets of some kind, they wouldn't be rangers for long. They would be transferred or let go and a new, harder ranger would take there place. Steny

There in lies the problem.

The dunes have become a source of revenue for the local county.

What will all those rangers do when the Duners finally get sick and tired of thier BS and quit coming in droves?

They'll start ticketing the hardcore duners that are willing to put up with a greater amount of crap...for a while, but even those people will get fed up sooner or later and just stop going. Then they'll be out there by themselves counting milk vetches...

Bunch of Damn Nazi's...

Ive never had an issue with a Ranger anywhere before. Ive ridden trails in Silverwood and Stoddard Wells, Johnson Valley.

The way I see it, the BLM and the Rangers are reaping what they sow...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted November 08, 2005 - 11:59 AM

Are you saying this is a law?

ahahahahahaha

:banghead:

• DelTronXR

Posted November 08, 2005 - 12:42 PM

It was mentioned before, but I think it needs to be emphasized again. Law enforcement rangers for the Bureau of Land Management have a job that needs to focus on enforcement of laws. These individuals do not make these laws, and unfortunately, that is where the biggest lack of understanding lies. I do agree that the ranger involved may have overstepped his role, but enforcement is his job--period. Closure of OHV areas does not lie in the hands of these individuals, and giving them a bad rap for this is absurd. Glamis is one of the most unique landscapes in the world. Many buffoons have turned the area into nothing short of bedlamb, but hopefully they'll one day recognize the fact that it just may be a nice place to take future generations of weekend warriors.

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 08, 2005 - 12:55 PM

:banghead:

he's probably laughing about the lawyer we are paying for to help keep people like you riding at glamis.

• hill5150

Posted November 08, 2005 - 01:29 PM

[quote name='ThunderChicken']he's probably laughing about the lawyer we are paying for to help keep people like you riding at glamis.[/QUOTE

wrong again thunderpuss :banghead: , my representation is free, I have friends. Do you?................. :banghead:

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 08, 2005 - 01:47 PM

forget about it hill. you wouldn't understand what i'm talking about. just keep enjoying the sand. my treat.

• hill5150

Posted November 08, 2005 - 02:00 PM

forget about it hill. you wouldn't understand what i'm talking about. just keep enjoying the sand. my treat.

:banghead: :banghead:

• morewoops

Posted November 08, 2005 - 02:35 PM

Sounds too familiar... we were out a couple weeks ago (at Gecko), 7:30AM, Ranger Dick comes sliding the brakes into our camp like something's on fire, after staring at eachother we all got up to see what was happnin. Seems there was a beer bottle sitting on one of the trailers and glass is apparently a no no out there :applause: . So, Ranger Dick then decides he wants to search one of the trucks for something that was never really revealed, without permission, he turns this truck upside down, then comes over and opens all the coolers to find more bottles,(which we typically don't take, but we had some stragglers) makes us dump out all the bottles, then leaves them there, then writes a ticket for 75 bones for littering for the one on the trailer.

I understand that they are, in a sense, trying to clear out the riff-Raff, but come on, they need to practice alittle more common sense than that, especially with a group of grown men with all the high dollar toys sittn around (not bragging) . Most definitely be in court for this one, sounds like the same guy.

• rzm

Posted November 08, 2005 - 02:59 PM

It's obvious that the goal of the "law enforcement" agencies working Galmis is to collect revenue not to promote clean dunes or safety. They collect for green stickers, collect for camping fees that they said were supposed to go back to improving the area but somehow didn't, and then collect for every possible infraction they can dream up. They know that 98% of the people ticketed will just pay to avoid the hassle. Paying these fines without voicing your objections just funds the next closure project.

If clean dunes were the goal, I think a simple "excuse me sir but is this your trash?" would go a lot further toward a permanent improvement in public attitude than a ticket and a power trip. There are undoubtedly way too many knuckleheads spoiling Glamis but this thread proves that the current attitude of the law enforcement down there is to aggravate the situation and help the greenies close the place.

The whole thing is sad because both arguments are valid. We need to work together to increase awareness of the problems, keep the areas clean, safe and open. But, we also need a government agencies to work with us instead treating us like an ATM machine that they just kick when they need more cash.

• RichieW13

Posted November 09, 2005 - 08:54 AM

:applause:

I'm laughing that you think you are going to beat this ticket.

• RichieW13

Posted November 09, 2005 - 08:56 AM

If clean dunes were the goal, I think a simple "excuse me sir but is this your trash?" would go a lot further toward a permanent improvement in public attitude than a ticket and a power trip.

Probably not. Most people would probably just litter again the next time there are no rangers in sight.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.