BLM B.S. Once again.........

93 replies to this topic
  • RichieW13

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:24 PM

If it was 100 years ago I would have shot him out of principle alone........Do your homework pal............. :banghead:

If Glamis is full of attitudes like this, it helps explain why they are slowly shutting that area down.

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:25 PM

If Glamis is full of attitudes like this, it helps explain why they are slowly shutting that area down.

hey richie,

STFU, obviously you don't ride much.

don't you know what the BLM has done to our riding lands?

• RichieW13

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:28 PM

So I was in Glamis this weekend,where I have been going for 17 years,great trip until the :lol: BLM drove up to my camp this AM, a working camp, full of people not leaving......and questioned some paper towels (3) under my truck.They were full of blood from a bloddy nose I had,ten minutes prior, as I explained to him,this :busted: :busted: hole gave me a damn ticket for littering.I will be in court in December to hang that :banghead: er. :banghead: I didn't know you could raid campsites and ticket people for trash on assumptions??????? I am really,really,pissed..........Unbelievable.......... :busted:

I'm sure you are the exception.

You throw your trash on the ground all weekend and pick it up on Sunday, and the wind never blows it away before you can clean it up.

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:32 PM

hey man,

don't you know that the BLM is responsible for the closing down of riding all over the country? dude, you must not ride much.

the blm has rangers all over the place and their goal is to close down your riding areas.

you might be riding at the track one day and all the sudden "BOOM" blm is right there to close down your riding area.

or you could be riding down in mexico one minute, and "BOOM" mexico is gone because don't you know dude, BLM has been responsible for closing dow our riding areas.

• hill5150

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:34 PM

hey man, don't know that the BLM is responsible for the closing down of riding all over the country? dude, you must not ride much.

:banghead: :banghead: :lol: :busted:

• hill5150

hey richie,

STFU, obviously you don't ride much.

don't you know what the BLM has done to our riding lands?

:banghead: :banghead: :lol:

• RichieW13

hey man, don't know that the BLM is responsible for the closing down of riding all over the country? dude, you must not ride much.

There's an empty lot next to my work where I do skids and wheelies after work a couple times a week.

• hill5150

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:37 PM

[quote name='RichieW13']I'm sure you are the exception.

You throw your trash on the ground all weekend and pick it up on Sunday, and the wind never blows it away before you can clean it up.[/QUOTE

25 years riding dez, yeah, I litter,i live at the beach as well, and surf everyday ,yeah I litter, go :banghead: yourself.....................

• ThunderChicken

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:38 PM

There's an empty lot next to my work where I do skids and wheelies after work a couple times a week.

careful dude, you could be doing skids and wheelies after work in that lot next to your work and BOOM! BLM closed down your riding area.

• RichieW13

Posted November 07, 2005 - 01:40 PM

25 years riding dez, yeah, I litter,i live at the beach as well, and surf everyday ,yeah I litter, go :banghead: yourself.....................

I already conceded that you may be an exception. But how does the BLM ranger know that? He sees trash on the ground. He thinks you are just going to leave it there like 99.9% of the Glamis visitors. You get a ticket. But you'll show him once you get him fired because he was obviously way out of line.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThunderChicken

Posted November 07, 2005 - 02:02 PM

you know, it's a double-edged sword for us...

do we want to continue paying these public angencies to keep the squids under control at glamis?

or does glamis get shut down and all these squids flood into the open riding areas in the desert...

• WGP

Posted November 07, 2005 - 02:08 PM

Remember, Innocent till proven guilty, take the ticket to court, let a judge decide, either way he's not going to be fired :banghead:
OR
If you can afford the fine, Pay it, Forget about it :banghead:
Its just money and you can go on with your life and ride without being all pissed. Its a litter ticket, who cares :lol:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 07, 2005 - 03:16 PM

I've been going to Glamis for some 15+ years. The attitude toward the Rangers showed up about 20 minutes after the F'n Rangers.

The sentiment about shooting the Rangers came long about 15 minutes after that. There are some stupid drunk peope at Glamis. They will more than likely die at thier own hands. Unfortunately, they'll take innocents with them. But they'll do that with or without the Rangers presence. You can't legislate or manage stupidity. It, like infinitiy is boundless. The collision insedence is higher now they crammed more people into less area. Its F'n BS if Ive ever seen it. Its a trap of failure set to ensnare those that ride the dunes.

All the Rangers seem to do is piss off decent people because they are the only ones that pay attention to what the Rangers do and say.

Last time I was there, some stupid Ranger jackass got in my face because I was sporting a bad attitude because I had to pay to camp on open desert. I went off...his buddies were backin up and un-snapping the straps on the guns while I went off on this A- hole point blank. I called him just about everything under the sun. :banghead:

I'll pay for camping when there are improved camp grounds and the people Im paying clean the place up. But when Im cleaning up my own mess and having to provide 100% of my own needs while camping on public land, I aint paying shit. And anyone with an idea or attitude that differs with mine can go :banghead: themselves.

Man this stuff really works me up... :lol:

• BWB63

Posted November 07, 2005 - 04:20 PM

Remember, Innocent till proven guilty, take the ticket to court, let a judge decide, either way he's not going to be fired :banghead:
OR
If you can afford the fine, Pay it, Forget about it :banghead:
Its just money and you can go on with your life and ride without being all pissed. Its a litter ticket, who cares :lol:

Remember a litter ticket can be $1000 in Califormia....I didn't screw up $1,000! :busted: I don't think I would be happy. Last one I seen paid was $380 through the mail.

• XR/CRDave

Posted November 07, 2005 - 04:33 PM

Wow, $1000. No wonder he is pissed.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 07, 2005 - 05:17 PM

Wow, with all these attitudes which intend to challenge the enforcers to their face so you can have bragging rights is going to lose Glamis for you in the end. Then you will really have something to scream about.

I disagreed with the reasons behind reducing the areas size. The lying Greenies wanting to save a noxious weed was an insult to the intelligence of riders. Never the less we have to be on better behavior than everyone else. It will be used against us if we are not. And all the bragging about how angry you got and how you let the Rangers have both barrels will be empty talk when there is no place to ride.

I ride on a regular basis and stay on good terms with the Rangers. I never throw garbage on the ground thinking I will pick it up later. I always throw it in my pick up. The riding area situation is too fragile to make waves over something like picking up after myself.

The Rangers are not mind readers. I suspect the most you will accomplish by going to court is a reduction in the amount of the fine. Unless you flip out at the judge and let him know what kind of pig he is too. Then well, we will come and visit you in your padded cell.

• BWB63

Posted November 07, 2005 - 05:49 PM

[COLOR=Blue]Hill[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]5150[/COLOR],
Let us know how much this [COLOR=DarkRed]bloody[/COLOR] nose cost$ you.

The rest:
If you haven't been to Glamis:
(Specially on a holiday weekend) you don't know what is going on here. I won't do it anymore. It's a bomb that is lit and ready to blow. There can be a line five miles long to get out! There is nothing there but sand....nothing! But, Like everywhere else they keep closing it down to save some [COLOR=Red]Bavarian bovine butt weevil [/COLOR] or some [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Salisbury snake weed [/COLOR] (that can't even grow there) or save the [COLOR=Lime]snuggled tooth titillating twitching tick[/COLOR], making it smaller, with more riders wanting to ride. The rangers down there act totally different then the rangers at Gorman or Stoddard wells. Dumont and Pismo you have no problems at all with the rangers. Glamis the rangers brains are sun soaked :banghead: I have been there and watched the madness, I wasn't even going to say a thing, the ranger was looking for a fight. I am glad it wasn't me and I haven't been back. I live close and drive twice as far to go to Dumont and even farther to Pismo. Off weekends are cool at Glamis in February/March if the wind isn't blowing.

• hill5150

Posted November 07, 2005 - 05:54 PM

Bottom line is, the BLM is :banghead: ed, we all know that, I despise and hate them, I have since I was 12 years old. I was targeted by an over anxious,quota toting redneck who will see his own demise.I guarantee it. You CANNOT enter a campsite and issue tickets when it is currently being utilized for use by all tenants, especially when the recipient of the ticket was bleeding 5-10 minutes prior and had not had an opportunity to throw the paper towels out yet, I was bleeding, did I mention that, yes I did. Assumption, it starts with an ASS..................... :banghead:

I will win this battle, I will..............

• xr-jorger

Posted November 07, 2005 - 08:56 PM

[quote name='BWB63'][COLOR=Blue]Hill[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]5150[/COLOR],
The rangers down there act totally different then the rangers at Gorman or Stoddard wells. Dumont and Pismo you have no problems at all with the rangers.

I agree, the rangers at pismo are actually not too bad, the best ones are at cal city, all they ever tell us is not to call 911 just call the emergency sherrif # thats psoted or you die waiting for 911!

• nate992v

Posted November 07, 2005 - 09:02 PM

I think the thing with the Rangers at Glamis is being blown out of proportion. They are products of their enviroment. The Rangers don't make BLM policy, they only enforce it. I've never had any problems at Gordon's Well or Buttercup. At PCE, PCW, and the Supes, they are generally cool. Like all cops, they change when/if you are breaking the law. They'll be cool until you are riding a red sticker bike out of season without a spark arrestor. Whose fault is it for him being a "d__k" then? Bottom line is that they are usually the first one on the scene when someone is hurt, providing first aid, directing traffic around, calling a ambulance, or a life flight.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.