XR600 Inlet manifold de-restriction

1 reply to this topic
  • GrForce

Posted November 06, 2005 - 04:55 PM

I have recently had some top end power problems with my 98 XR600. Whilst removing the carburettor to check main/pit/clean etc, I have noticed that the inlet manifold has had the restriction taken out (which is good). On closer inspection I have noticed that the inlet manifold has in fact been filed out internaly... so much so in one spot there is only a wafer thin gap between the sealing o-ring and the plastic/bakerlite inlet manifold.
This filed out manifold means that there is a 3-4mm overlap when the manifold is bolted to the engine. I think that this may create turbulance in the manifold at higher revs, thus creating my top end power problem

What do you think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted November 07, 2005 - 06:00 AM

sounds like a potential problem there, should have been mated up, not over-enlarged ... turbulence potential, for sure

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.