cool people

7 replies to this topic
  • *mike68*

Posted August 25, 2001 - 02:22 AM

This site is full of cool people. How often can you get a call out of the blue from a guy you only know from reading his and posts and talk for a half hour and enjoy the entire conversation? I even shut the TV off and put down my dinner (shreaded wheat and bluberries). All in all I spent an hour on the phone with TTalkers. Thanks PMAUST, it was a pleasure, and Bill and Tripm, I will catch up wiyh ya later..

• MOmilkman

Posted August 25, 2001 - 06:10 AM

In all my life I have ran across mabye 2 people that have ridden dirt bikes that I did not care to be around.
And I have ran into a LOT of dirt bikers.

Why are dirt bike riders generally so cool?

Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• *mike68*

Posted August 25, 2001 - 09:32 PM

I don't know, but we are the coolest. Its strange. I got my Girlfriend a beater tt225 to play and learn on, now she walks around the house saying, "I am the F'N coolest, I got a dirtbike!" I taught her the lingo and when she uses it it cracks me up. If you ask her what kind of bike she has she'll say, "I got a thumper, no peice fo $h!t 2 stroke." I guess bikes carry an aura we are unaware of. They allow us to express or attitude, confidence as well as give us our own style when we ride. We can all ride the same bike and still be different. They are awsome.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 25, 2001 - 10:56 AM

Motorcycle people are way cool. Some of the coolest are the ones responsible for this website!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted August 25, 2001 - 12:40 PM

Thanks to TT, GNCCYZ and I were able to meet Kevin in NH at Budds Creek for the national two years ago (we had a ball) and from several lenghthy emails and phone calls, I was able to meet Mike68 this early spring. Then it was mcarp, sbohannon, angry candy, npuza, hitman as well as mike and kev for a weekend of riding, drinking and bench racing (June) at my home in Pa. Then a couple of weeks ago, motostyle and I met to ride for the day.

All of of these guys are welcome to share the starting gate or trail with me anytime and it's my pleasure.

I guess the Hells Angles aren't the only bikers who share a brotherhood :)

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 25, 2001 - 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Ron in SoCal:
Motorcycle people are way cool. Some of the coolest are the ones responsible for this website!

Keep talking like that and we'll work day and night on improving and growing this site. Thanks!

• *mike68*

Posted August 26, 2001 - 07:30 AM

no, no, no, THANK YOU!

Posted August 26, 2001 - 06:52 PM

This is a great site! If it hadn't been for TT I would not have met Monty and the other NorCal guys as well as Ron from SoCal and Ron from the DR side. And Mike, it was a pleasure for me to talk with you as well! :) Not only is TT a great place to meet and ride with new people it has been and continues to be an invaluable resource and educational tool. A thousand thanks to Bryan, Bill, and all who maintain and host this site! Paul

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.