storm link

9 replies to this topic
  • perrymx23

Posted November 06, 2005 - 12:45 PM

Has anyone tried the storm link for 04YZ450 yet?? Coming over to blue, after years of CR 2 strokes. Have set free sag and fork height, still can't get it to turn like I want. Have read threads about 22mm offset triple clamps. Link is more than half the price. If it works. :banghead:

• kizzle426

Posted November 06, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Just keep playing with it. It helps to be taller on these bikes. I've set mine up really stiff to handle 100ft triples and it out turns my buddies CR250 and all the other 450's I've ridden.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 06, 2005 - 05:56 PM

Has anyone tried the storm link for 04YZ450 yet?? Coming over to blue, after years of CR 2 strokes. Have set free sag and fork height, still can't get it to turn like I want. Have read threads about 22mm offset triple clamps. Link is more than half the price. If it works. :banghead:

I have it...I love it and I recommend it........my 03 turns so good now

• perrymx23

Posted November 06, 2005 - 06:33 PM

Thanks GA426. Did you have to make any changes to suspension??

• flintlock28

Posted November 06, 2005 - 06:53 PM

Are there any negative things about using this link??? Does it decrease stability at high speed staightaways??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted November 06, 2005 - 08:58 PM

This is the same thing that honda did to the 03 CRF450 vs the 02. Also a similar idea to the ZIpTY Magic link for the 98-01 bikes.

You basically raise the rear of the bike a bit to change the rake in the front. Does it/they work? yes

What will you have to do? Well set the sag again for one. After that, you may need to play with the clickers on the shock since the ratio will be changed by the different length link. I had to do a lot of tinkering on the 426 with the ZipTY link, but once there it was dialed. Much better than stock also!

• John407

Posted November 06, 2005 - 09:25 PM

I have one on my '03 450 too. It still does not turn like my KXF250 but it's better than it was, it is pretty good. It seems to have removed the top heavy feel in turns. It might have a little more head shake at higher speeds.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 07, 2005 - 05:00 AM

Thanks GA426. Did you have to make any changes to suspension??

the sag must be set correctly to reap the benefit of thisl link - I run mine at 105mm - I do not notice headshake on MX tracks

• dunecj2a

Posted November 07, 2005 - 08:13 AM

Works great and well worth the money :banghead: Storm says to set sag at 100mm for an 04. I got one after I posted the same thread a while back. Ga426 was totally right!!! Doesn't affect high speeds, you gotta remember the YZ450 is awsome at high speed tracking.

Go with an Enzo revalve if you got some $$$$( around $450) and you will be amazed. "Damn Ga426" my wife still gives me dirty looks :banghead: :lol: You won't be dissapointed.

• perrymx23

Posted November 08, 2005 - 03:08 AM

Thanks guys, Will get one ordered. Going to powdercoat frame black and install the Hurricane kit. At least it will look closer to the 06 I want.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.