06 WR parts fitting question

6 replies to this topic
  • NavyNuke

Posted November 05, 2005 - 06:11 PM

Does anyone know if the 05 model WR450 skidplate/radiator guards/larger tanks fit on the 06?

nobody seems to have a list yet of part numbers.

• clark4131

Posted November 05, 2005 - 06:19 PM

Since the only stuctural member on the bike that changed its geometry was the swingarm, the '05 stuff should fit the '06...no guarantees though...SC

• baha

Posted November 05, 2005 - 11:11 PM

Clarke tank 1442 part number-DID
Evo x slip on did not-- made a metal spacer, had to cut some plastic, worked well after some modifications, will improve on these after ride in am

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted November 05, 2005 - 11:54 PM

thanks, I'm not looking for more power yet. first dirt bike in several years. just the free mods once I get a place to work on the bike beyond simple chain adjustment/air filter cleaning ect. But skid plates, and radiator guards are higher on my list

• jnybbad1l40

Posted November 06, 2005 - 12:16 AM

I have an 03 wr450 and a 06. All of the parts (skid plate, frame guards steering damp) all bolted right up. The only thing that will not fit is Radiator guards. The angle is a little different.

• NavyNuke

Posted November 06, 2005 - 01:05 AM

many thanks. guess I'll get a skid plate first, and worry about radiator guards in a few months so the new ones hit the market.

• sandman76513

Posted November 06, 2005 - 05:20 AM

I've got the Works Connection radiators braces on mine, mounted right up like it should. Also have the GYTR skid plate, it bolted up with no problems as well.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.