Anyone have a junk D.I.D X-ring?

5 replies to this topic
  • maddmickey

Posted November 05, 2005 - 05:23 PM

I just got a new D.I.D x-ring chain(520-110) and a 50 tooth rear sprocket for my PIG. The chain is too short!!! I need one more link!! Does anyone have a junker lying around. I would buy someone a six pack if they would mail me a couple of links. I tried to use one of my old chain links but they are a different diameter. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

• frankstr

Posted November 05, 2005 - 05:27 PM

Just take back the chain and get the right one... :banghead:

• TallBoysWRF

Posted November 05, 2005 - 05:28 PM

I've got one of those chains, only problem is that it's still on the bike. :banghead: If you just got a new chain, don't throw a couple used links in with it, that spot will be already stretched slightly more than the rest of the chain. I would try to find someone that has a new chain that was cut down and try to get the extra links that they cut off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted November 05, 2005 - 05:29 PM

Just take back the chain and get the right one... :banghead:

Yeah... or that.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 05, 2005 - 06:57 PM

If your not going to take it back and get a longer one I have some links lying around. This is why I always buy the 120 link chain. Hindsight is always clearer than forsight. :banghead:

• maddmickey

Posted November 05, 2005 - 08:34 PM

Thanks old man time, I think I will order a 120 and a couple of masters. I hate to admit this but I didnt know the second number was the number of links. I just orderd the number that was in the manual. This way I will have a spare.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.