Xr650l Hp

21 replies to this topic
  • danbart

Posted November 04, 2005 - 11:41 AM

What is the stock HP on the L model and what can it be bumped up to w/ standard mods (jetting, pipe, airbox...)?

Thanx

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 04, 2005 - 01:14 PM

Im pretty sure stock is about 37.....the pipe alone robs the bike of about 6hp. jetting is another 2 or 3, airbox/filter is another 2 or 3. Hot can will add another 2 to 3 and a good boar and high compression piston will add 2 to 3....unless you bore and stroke it to like 750....that would add a lot. so for about 700 bucks you can bump it up from 37 to about 50.

• Motosprtman

Posted November 04, 2005 - 01:56 PM

so - with the snorkel removed and a uni filter, pipe and carbs mods you can expect 10 more HP? seems incredible....

• Motosprtman

Posted November 04, 2005 - 01:58 PM

just read about the dynojet kit and they say 5% increase in power, that's like almost 2HP....I would not think you could tell that much difference with only a 2HP gain over stock, yet everyone rave's on the carb mod as being a necessity....

• supaflyryan

Posted November 04, 2005 - 02:29 PM

The carb mod helps loads with throttle response and a better running/more adjustable motor. There is a lot more to a motorcycle than how much horsepower it puts out.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 04, 2005 - 02:48 PM

A lot of the gain on the L is just getting it to dirt-bike jetting and breathing, so there are a fair number of cheap-HP to be had.

D

• klmmicro

Posted November 04, 2005 - 03:22 PM

So does anyone know the stock output of the 650L? If 2 HP is a 5% increase, then is it 40 HP?

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 04, 2005 - 03:40 PM

so - with the snorkel removed and a uni filter, pipe and carbs mods you can expect 10 more HP? seems incredible....

not realy, its like cutting off 90% of the air flow to a fire....with out the air, it doesnt burn worth crap, put a fan to it and i rages. stock the xr650l is literally choking....you just have to open her up. 7 to 10 can be expected from above mods.....depends on pipe and stuff.

• BWB63

Posted November 04, 2005 - 03:57 PM

Stock Horsepower of the XR650L is 28hp, Uncorked it is 34~36 depending on the modifications. That is horsepower to the rear wheel (Dyno). With a 10.25:1 Weisco piston, cam, header/muffler, pumper carburetor you can get 50rwhp out of a XR650L and still be just as bullet proof. A stock XR600R is 38~42rwhp and most 628cc bikes put out 48hp to the rear wheel.\

All About the XR650R; Click Here: :banghead:

XR650R Video; Click Here:
Posted Image

• hill5150

Posted November 04, 2005 - 04:44 PM

Im pretty sure stock is about 37.....the pipe alone robs the bike of about 6hp. jetting is another 2 or 3, airbox/filter is another 2 or 3. Hot can will add another 2 to 3 and a good boar and high compression piston will add 2 to 3....unless you bore and stroke it to like 750....that would add a lot. so for about 700 bucks you can bump it up from 37 to about 50.

:lol: :busted: :busted: :banghead: :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted November 04, 2005 - 04:45 PM

not realy, its like cutting off 90% of the air flow to a fire....with out the air, it doesnt burn worth crap, put a fan to it and i rages. stock the xr650l is literally choking....you just have to open her up. 7 to 10 can be expected from above mods.....depends on pipe and stuff.

It really is amusing.......... :banghead: :lol: :banghead:

• onaXR

Posted November 04, 2005 - 05:10 PM

It really is amusing.......... :banghead: :lol: :banghead:

Whats really funny is deciding who is worse wr450 or you.
after you read WRs stuff you have to read two or three smart ass comments from hill5150 hill you need a new hobby dude.

• roadcam

Posted November 04, 2005 - 06:18 PM

I gotta hang with Hill on this one ... if someone doesn't point out the B.S. answers, some newbie may wind up believing them ... :banghead:

• joker650

Posted November 04, 2005 - 06:31 PM

I gotta hang with Hill on this one ... if someone doesn't point out the B.S. answers, some newbie may wind up believing them ...

I agree...

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 04, 2005 - 06:32 PM

ok, what did i say that was bs?

• GIANTac1

Posted November 04, 2005 - 06:36 PM

ok, what did i say that was bs?

:banghead: umm, 910 b.s. posts :banghead:

• onaXR

Posted November 04, 2005 - 06:37 PM

I gotta hang with Hill on this one ... if someone doesn't point out the B.S. answers, some newbie may wind up believing them

no problem there, but when will somebody correct the b/s instead of adding more to it?

WR450............your masturbatory verbosity in all things motorcycle is indicative of a compulsion to say anything no matter how little thought you’ve chosen to precede those senseless literary ejaculations. ... You are a non-entity.

• GIANTac1

Posted November 04, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Mr. danbart,
I hope you got the answer you were looking for!
I apologize for the mediocre sarcasm and lame replies.
Happy trails!

• 150 Fuelie

Posted November 05, 2005 - 08:17 PM

I can't answer the HP #'s but can tell you how the bike changes with some mods; I just picked up an 05 L and it was very docile to put it mildly. I removed the snorkle and installed a uni filter, jetted to 158 main, 55 slow, removed the smog pump, installed a White Brothers E-series S bend silencer and the bike has been transformed. I can now pull the front end up in the first 3 gears, 1st and 2nd easy, third needs a little coaxing.No chance to do this stock. I was going to regear before the mods but will now leave the sprockets alone. I am very pleased with how this bike now runs :banghead:

• GIANTac1

Posted November 05, 2005 - 10:10 PM

I can't answer the HP #'s but can tell you how the bike changes with some mods; I just picked up an 05 L and it was very docile to put it mildly. I removed the snorkle and installed a uni filter, jetted to 158 main, 55 slow, removed the smog pump, installed a White Brothers E-series S bend silencer and the bike has been transformed. I can now pull the front end up in the first 3 gears, 1st and 2nd easy, third needs a little coaxing.No chance to do this stock. I was going to regear before the mods but will now leave the sprockets alone. I am very pleased with how this bike now runs :banghead:

I agree! A few simple mods made my '05 enough for me! XR650L, the best bike in the world :banghead:
p.s. white bros. exhaust rocks!!!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.