2006 YZ450F Press Day

32 replies to this topic
  • yamajoe

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:22 PM

I don't know what # i am but i know i got the only yellow one through my dealership! just waiting for the damn thing to arrive. dealer said January-February! that sucks

• mcgvr86

Posted November 07, 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hey guys, like I said before... Im not bashing... just curious. I think the new 450 will be awesome and I hope all of you who are on the list get your new rides asap, and then go out and kick some butt! Im waiting to see some reviews before I jump in. I love my 03's power and durability. I hope the new one is easier for a short guy (me) to throw around in the corners. If its not then mines a keeper for awhile longer. I think I will try a storm link if I keep it though.

Keep us posted when the 06's get here. :banghead:

dave

• mxaddict

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:06 AM

Just curious, were they closed? Why not a close up and from that distance are you sure they weren't 250Fs?

They were open and the pic is from inside. It's not close up because I wasn't taking a picture of them, just pics of the whole store to show my wife. And yes, they definitely were 450's, we looked at them up close, and you couldn't walk past without a sales guy telling you all about how awesome the new LE 450 was, how you needed one, blah blah blah...

• dmoney2023

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:36 AM

It is a dent. My 450 is the same. It is so it clears the brake caliper when the suspension is fully bottomed.

LOL......Yeah. I bought my 426 from some 225+ guy so I was a little worried about suspension and stuff. As I was inspecting the bike I noticed the dent in the canister and he said it was stock but I ripped him a new one and said that the bike suspension was way to soft for him and stuff, as it was riding really low. I told him I could tell he did not take very good care of his bike. He had nothing to say about it as I sounded pretty smart.....LOL.
Whoops!!!! sorry dude!!!

• Ga426owner

Posted November 08, 2005 - 12:30 PM

For those of you who are patiently waiting, I heard from a Yami Rep that the model introduction & press day is Monday.

Can each dealers first bike be far behind? I would assume that you west coast guys will see them soon!

You are not the only one that I heard this "press Release" stuff from....but last Sunday I rode with a guy employed by Yamaha Motor Corp in Motorcycle marketing....and he did not know of any press release....I have search everywhere for info on a press release to find nothing.....so I guess the WorldVet Championship at Glen Helen was the US release of the 2006 YZF450.........
Can anyone else find ay info on a "press Release"

• SCIENCE

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:28 PM

You are not the only one that I heard this "press Release" stuff from....but last Sunday I rode with a guy employed by Yamaha Motor Corp in Motorcycle marketing....and he did not know of any press release....I have search everywhere for info on a press release to find nothing.....so I guess the WorldVet Championship at Glen Helen was the US release of the 2006 YZF450.........
Can anyone else find ay info on a "press Release"

I can only tell you what I heard from the Yamaha rep. Maybe it's next Monday. All the mfgs have a press/intro day for each specific model(s). Especially, the new ones. This generally leads to quick write ups on the magazine's websites and generates interest & hopefully sales! Are there any mag guys on the board?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted November 08, 2005 - 09:13 PM

I am WAAAAAYY down on the list....not getting mine until 2007.. :applause:

Actually Satch just has the plastic on order and he will be installing it on the new smoker of his! :ride:

• midwestmotocross

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:14 AM

It must have been this monday, because Dirtrider has their review up on the Web site.

www.dirtrider.com

• SCIENCE

Posted November 09, 2005 - 07:18 AM

It must have been this monday, because Dirtrider has their review up on the Web site.

www.dirtrider.com

Well there you go. Sometimes the rumors are true! I would assume that TWMX should have one up shortly as well.

• SCIENCE

Posted November 10, 2005 - 08:26 AM

OK, so I've seen "the list" from my local dealer. I'm #1 on there for an 06 YZ450FLE, and I've put money down. While my bike will be here in the next couple weeks, I won't be able to ride it till AT LEAST Jan 23rd (Dr apt.). I just had my collarbone repaired on Oct 27th (non union) and I'm giving in PLENTY of time to heal (it has been broken for 14 months). I don't want to miss out on another year of riding. I'm still not sure if I'm going to take the first one or let some other lucky Yamaha rider have my bike. What do you guys suggest? I know it's gonna be VERY TOUGH to wait till January if I have my BRAND NEW bike just sitting in the garage.

That's going to be tough living out west. However, there is no need to rush. You'll have time to prep and setup accordingly. By the time you get out there should be a great base setup!

• SCIENCE

Posted November 10, 2005 - 09:45 AM

So SCIENCE, you think I should get the bike now? And let it sit in garage getting "setup" for 2 months?

Depends on the deal you're getting. I'm assuming that being in Cali, you're going to spend over $7K. Now if you wait a couple months chances are you'll be able to get a better deal ( as there will def be some on dealer floors come March) or find one w/3hours on it.

No matter what, you'll be able to read all the tests and posts on TT to see what works/what doesn't etc.

• Reyndogg

Posted November 10, 2005 - 10:36 AM

just get a number in your head that is fair to you and your dealer and stick to it (or lower ) OTD...no need to haggle this way. It will make your buying experience much more pleasant.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:36 PM

I can only tell you what I heard from the Yamaha rep. Maybe it's next Monday. All the mfgs have a press/intro day for each specific model(s). Especially, the new ones. This generally leads to quick write ups on the magazine's websites and generates interest & hopefully sales! Are there any mag guys on the board?

It was last monday as everyone is putting a first run review out...good stuff. finally!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.