2006 YZ450F Press Day

32 replies to this topic
  • SCIENCE

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:28 AM

For those of you who are patiently waiting, I heard from a Yami Rep that the model introduction & press day is Monday.

Can each dealers first bike be far behind? I would assume that you west coast guys will see them soon!

• Reyndogg

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:42 AM

sweet :banghead:

• mxmark

Posted November 04, 2005 - 09:32 AM

The first release is scheduled for our dealer on Nov 13th but I don't think we will get it until right before Thanksgiving. Mark

• dmoney2023

Posted November 04, 2005 - 10:44 AM

Man, I'm just dying to hear some reviews!!!!

I've love Yamaha ever since they first came out with the 400.

I can't wait to see how great this one is.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 04, 2005 - 12:53 PM

Here is something to drool over:
http://www.yamaha-mo.../209/0/360.aspx

• Troutman

Posted November 05, 2005 - 07:13 AM

Here is something to drool over:
http://www.yamaha-mo.../209/0/360.aspx

Maybe its just me but if you look at the bike from straight behind it appears that the pipe has a dent in its lower canister.

I really have to much time on my hands working on the weekends :banghead:

• mikedabike

Posted November 05, 2005 - 08:17 AM

It is a dent. My 450 is the same. It is so it clears the brake caliper when the suspension is fully bottomed.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted November 05, 2005 - 08:31 AM

Cool, cant wait, I am not a very patient person

• Troutman

Posted November 05, 2005 - 09:22 AM

It is a dent. My 450 is the same. It is so it clears the brake caliper when the suspension is fully bottomed.

AHHH! :banghead:

• tdc_worm

Posted November 06, 2005 - 09:28 AM

It would seem that they would be available soon according to the Yamaha website:

If you look under MSRP on the specs page it says Available from November of 2005...

http://www.yamaha-mo...09/0/specs.aspx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TeamEndo

Posted November 06, 2005 - 03:41 PM

Just put some hard earned greenbacks down on an '06 yz450 after selling my CRF, and the local dealer assured me it would deliver late november, early December latest FYI. :banghead: I was first on the list, apparantly everyones waiting to hear the reviews before they commit. Maybe i'm crazy but I have faith Yamaha is going to get it right, again.

• mcgvr86

Posted November 06, 2005 - 04:30 PM

Im not bashing anyone but I was reading the last post and realized that every person who has posted that they have put money down on a new 06 yz450f is the "first one on the list".

Is there anyone out there who has been 2nd on the list yet?

You dont think the sales guys are feeding you a line to get your business do you? :banghead: :banghead:

Just seems funny to me.

dave

• Satch0922

Posted November 06, 2005 - 05:44 PM

I am WAAAAAYY down on the list....not getting mine until 2007.. :banghead:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 07, 2005 - 11:18 AM

Anyone heard a word on this????????

• SCIENCE

Posted November 07, 2005 - 11:55 AM

Im not bashing anyone but I was reading the last post and realized that every person who has posted that they have put money down on a new 06 yz450f is the "first one on the list".

Is there anyone out there who has been 2nd on the list yet?

You dont think the sales guys are feeding you a line to get your business do you? :banghead: :banghead:

Just seems funny to me.

dave

I was second on the list at my dealer for a Blue one (put $ down in July) & the dealer originally told me that the earliest would be mid to late December. In August he thought it would be most likely mid-January & from what I hear that may be right. First one at each dealer (at least in the Mid-Atlantic/Cali will be sooner) first week or two of December. As I posted before, I decided not to wait (sold my bike & wanted to ride this fall) and bought a CRF in August. However, like Satch posted, I plan to be first on the list for the '07!

• Reyndogg

Posted November 07, 2005 - 12:32 PM

im 3rd and "possibly second" i think

• DPW

Posted November 07, 2005 - 04:13 PM

I am WAAAAAYY down on the list....not getting mine until 2007.. :banghead:

Same.... :banghead:

• TeamEndo

Posted November 07, 2005 - 06:20 PM

Your right of course mcgvr, sorry for the unbridled enthusiasm... Dealers are never to be trusted, they are bad, bad people. Whatever the number, at least I'm on it. :banghead:

• mxaddict

Posted November 07, 2005 - 06:38 PM

06 450's were on the floor at Chapparral in Cali this weekend. I only looked at the LE yellow ones, didn't see if any blue were there or not. I did see a couple of each color racing on Sat and Sun though at Glen Helen.

They were in this pic right behind the pole:

Posted Image

Here is a zoomed in shot, still not great though(sorry):

Posted Image

• DPW

Posted November 07, 2005 - 06:42 PM

06 450's were on the floor at Chapparral in Cali this weekend. I only looked at the LE yellow ones, didn't see if any blue were there or not. I did see a couple of each color racing on Sat and Sun though at Glen Helen.

They were in this pic right behind the pole:

Posted Image

Here is a zoomed in shot, still not great though(sorry):

Posted Image

Just curious, were they closed? Why not a close up and from that distance are you sure they weren't 250Fs?

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.