Another stupid acerbis tank question

5 replies to this topic
  • hankdog

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:19 AM

I know you guys have been over this topic ad nauseum, but I've searched the extensive archives and didn't find a definitive answer:

Has anyone confirmed that the Acerbis tank works with the Flatland radiator guards on an '05 WR? I already have the Flatland guards and am now eying the Acerbis tank since I'm now the guy among my riding buddies that always needs gas. Thanks for your help!

• clark4131

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:40 AM

From the look of them on the Flatland website, I'd say they'll fit with a 99% certainty. I have the Unabikers and the rear portion of the guard extends at an angle toward the rear mount which creates some minor interference with the Acerbis tank. Since the Flatlands go straight towards the frame along the line of the radiator and then turn at 90 degrees to the mounting hole, I don't see an issue...SC

• hankdog

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:49 AM

Thanks, your description of the Flatland guards is correct, I appreciate your response. I'll go ahead and get the tank, and report my findings and any fit problems or mods I need to make.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted November 04, 2005 - 10:21 AM

Hankdog, what color do you want? If you want blue I have been told that they are on back order untill mid Decemeber. If you want natural there are plenty available. if you want white do a search on ebay there is a guy that has 9 of them for $120.
I got screwed on the blue one.

• hankdog

Posted November 04, 2005 - 11:21 AM

Yea, I found the guy on ebay this morning with the white ones...I really didn't want white, but at that price, and with blue on back order, I'm thinking white is looking better :banghead:

• dustdogg

Posted November 04, 2005 - 07:47 PM

I think you will like the white/natural color after you put it on. I have the Clarke tank in natural and at first I thought it looked a little wierd :banghead: . Now I wouldn't go back to blue. It is also easy to check your gas. By the way I think the white/natural Acerbis looks even better than the Clarke. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.