water in oil

5 replies to this topic
  • JP147

Posted November 03, 2005 - 08:51 AM

played in a water hole that was a little deeper then expected, found that I got water in oil, disassembled motor and cleaned, still not sure how water got into motor?

• JetPilotAlabama

Posted November 03, 2005 - 09:15 AM

Id you stalled while in it you may have gotten water from the vent hose that runs to teh bottom of the engine on the left side ?

• Ga426owner

Posted November 03, 2005 - 01:21 PM

Or you tried to kickstart it with breather tube in water....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JP147

Posted November 09, 2005 - 07:28 AM

I did try to start it with breather tub in water, I take it this is a bad practice.

• dkwok

Posted November 09, 2005 - 08:06 AM

can u like change 5 or more times of engine oil to get rid of the water in the oil, instead of disassembleing the motor completely,
trying to save some time & money here,
:applause:

• grayracer513

Posted November 09, 2005 - 08:19 AM

I did try to start it with breather tub in water, I take it this is a bad practice.

Yes. When the piston goes down, it pushes 450cc (or whatever) of air out of its way. It has to go somewhere, so it goes out the breather. When the piston goes up, it pulls 450cc back in. The capacity of the breather hose is roughly 50cc. Do the math.

You may want to look at my response (4 or 5 down) to this thread:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=306677

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.