Oil Pressure Drain Bolt

5 replies to this topic
  • WR426Frider

Posted November 02, 2005 - 04:32 PM

I bought this bike used so i do not have the manual yet, a friend told me that after you change the oil there is a bolt you need to loosen to make sure that there is oil pressure. Is this ture, and if so what bolt is it? :banghead:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted November 02, 2005 - 04:36 PM

Yes, its on the right side of the head, near the rear. Will have a small copper washer on it, 8mm hex. Loosen it after start up, wait for oil dribble, tighten it up. Clean oil residue off.

• dbailey223

Posted November 02, 2005 - 05:55 PM

The purpose of the bolt, if I recall from the manual, it to provide a means to check that oil is flowing where it's supposed to. If you don't get a drip, then you need to check into why it isn't to avoid having the problems that result from low to no oil flow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR426Frider

Posted November 02, 2005 - 07:29 PM

Is the bolt you are talking about the one that connects the hard line to the head?

• rocksnsand

Posted November 02, 2005 - 09:38 PM

On the 426 you have to loosten the bolt on the hard line slightly,once oil runs out tighten it up.Make sure you recheck your oil level.Run the engine long enough to warm it up and recheck level

• TwoBobRob

Posted November 03, 2005 - 04:00 PM

It's a bleed... Just in case you pick up a weird air lock during the job. Much more likely after a stripdown I believe. For the record, when I do oil changes I don't ever actually do the bleed thing. Just drop the oil, replace the oil etc.

Don't, however, listen to a word I say.... :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.