Jimmy Buttons and 5' 9"

3 replies to this topic
  • Marlan

Posted August 24, 2001 - 05:08 AM

It's time to ditch the stock bars and I read posts about many of you going to Jimmy Button's. My concern is would these be too high for us elevationally challenged folk? Would we look like poster material for Easy Rider? Or is there another bend that would be more suitable?

• BigDog

Posted August 24, 2001 - 05:26 AM

I'm also vertically challeged at 5-9 :) . I put Jimmy Button bars on after the first couple rides. I like them a lot better than the stock bars.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SUnruh

Posted August 24, 2001 - 05:30 AM

marlan,
it all depends on your arm length.
if you have ape arms like me, don't worry. i use Pro-Tapers CR-Hi bend and even rotate them forward a little bit.
i too am 5' 9" tall.
the most important advice i can give is set the bike up for YOU. nobody else really matters.

• *mike68*

Posted August 24, 2001 - 06:03 AM

I am 5'7 and the button bars allow me to ride standing comfortably all the time. probabaly the #1 mod for improving my riding/standing skills.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.