What XR650R exhaust tip to buy

4 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted November 02, 2005 - 04:07 PM

I have beene looking around for an exhaust tip for my 2003 XR650R and have found about a dozez different ones. I have been told the Honda (HRC) is great, but it cost about $150. Is there another option? I have the FMF Q-pipe on it and I don't like it. I had a 2002 XR650R with stock exhaust and the HRC tip and if felt better than the FMF Q-pipe. Please Help.

• 150 Fuelie

Posted November 02, 2005 - 08:07 PM

I used the Honda tip in my 01, very impressive. I think I saw one on ebay some time ago, pretty cheap too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maddmickey

Posted November 02, 2005 - 08:57 PM

I am running a white bros e-series. I also have the stock muffler with the HRC tip. I tried them both one day to see the difference back to back. The e-series gives better bottom to mid, and the HRC might pull a little more on top. One thing I liked about the e-series is that it got rid of the clatter in the motor while lugging it off idle in the tight trails. Hope this helps :banghead:

• snaggleXR650

Posted November 03, 2005 - 05:10 AM

I've been very happy with my WB E-Series, 12 discs, but is tunable by adding/removing discs. It gives a nice low frequency thump, but the pipe isn't overly loud. In the past I used an XR's Only pipe on my XR400 (another Supertrapp design) and I liked it also. Using stock headers.

• oldturtle

Posted November 03, 2005 - 08:55 AM

Have HRC on my 01 and I like that it will never need repacking and Honda power up jetting is right on. It has also passed 96 dba sound test limit for Calif public lands. Other after market options will either fail sound tests or will require fresh packing to pass. So why mess with a very good thing?

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.