Trade a truck for a bike

12 replies to this topic
  • Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 02, 2005 - 05:13 AM

So I have this old '86 chevy pickup and it's for sale in the free trader up here. Well long story short a guy calls and asks if i'm interested in a trade. I tell him, well i've been offered trades for trucks but i really want a bike. turns out he has an '01 yzf426 (seen below) that he wants to trade even up. now i'm asking 3k for my truck which i think is fair, what i'm asking for imput on is am i getting a fair deal from him? I've looked at wr's a ton and that would be the bike of my dreams i think but i havn't gotten many offers on this truck and i don't wanna let this pass. Basically this bike is better than the one i'm currently riding (the wife hates it when i pretend to twist the throttle when i'm riding her)

here is the bike
Posted Image
i like how it looks anyhow

• bg10459

Posted November 02, 2005 - 05:20 AM

If you really think your truck is worth $3k, I would say you can get a better bike than that. The YZ is worth about $2k. Of course, all this depends on the condition of the bike and the truck. Maybe your truck isn't worth $3k and maybe the bike is worth $2500. Just my opinion.

• Dano426

Posted November 02, 2005 - 08:40 AM

The bike is not worth $3K. I purchased my 01 426 for $3,500 three years ago and it was clean. It is for sale now for $2300 and will probably sit until next spring if I want more than $2K for it

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 02, 2005 - 04:22 PM

Odd that someone looking in that price range for a vehicle would own a bike. Bikes are not cheap to "properly" maintain. In the least I would run the bike VIN to see if it is stolen.

• bg10459

Posted November 02, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Odd? Maybe. But personally, I don't prioritize on my every day vehicle. I just don't care much about my car. But my toys, that's another story. just me though. Good point anyway, there have been a few stolen bike posts recently.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 03, 2005 - 06:56 AM

Odd that someone looking in that price range for a vehicle would own a bike. Bikes are not cheap to "properly" maintain. In the least I would run the bike VIN to see if it is stolen.

he has a title and a bill of sale. the reason he has a bike and wants a truck is because he use to 4x4 a lot and then he tried dirtbikes and didn't like it and now he's looking for another 4x4...enter me...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 03, 2005 - 01:31 PM

If your truck is worth 3k - I would tell him the bike and 1000.00....
Down here they are even cheaper than 2k

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted November 03, 2005 - 01:34 PM

Ditto. Good thinking.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted November 05, 2005 - 10:29 AM

3K for an 86 Chevy? Trade and get the bike....

• kizzle426

Posted November 05, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Either that's a DID Gold chain......or it's really REALLY rusted :banghead: . Just noticing.

• twosixtwo

Posted November 06, 2005 - 10:06 PM

(the wife hates it when i pretend to twist the throttle when i'm riding her)

Trade him the bike, for the sake of your marriage

• Eric824

Posted November 08, 2005 - 12:21 AM

I just sold my 99 400 for $2500. A bike is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, supply and demand. Most 426's here is Washington are selling for close to 3K depending on condition of course. Get the bike, you wont regret it and you know you want it.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 08, 2005 - 05:19 AM

I just sold my 99 400 for $2500. A bike is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, supply and demand. Most 426's here is Washington are selling for close to 3K depending on condition of course. Get the bike, you wont regret it and you know you want it.

exactly, the bike has a lot on it, a lot of the little stuff that i was gonna do anyway...plus i'm not using the truck...it's just sitting...if i get the bike i'll def. be riding. He wants the truck, i want the bike..sounds like a fair trade to me eh? :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.