Did i mess my 04 Yz450F (storage)

4 replies to this topic
  • Toobold30

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Hey guys...
First off hello from the desert. I had to leave my 04 Yz450F at my parents without have an oportunity to set it up for storage..the only thing i got to do was pour some fuel stablizer in tank...I hate that i was in such a rush..but do you think this will destory the motor or carbs> All input would greatly apprciated... My 03 raptor, is the same way..Thanks everyone...

John :banghead:

• Pincushion

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:34 PM

You may want to rebuild the carb upon return and flush the rest of the fuel system, but no harm will come of the bike. I'm sure there's some TT'rs from Illinois who'd be willing to care for your bike while you're gone.

I'm assuming you're enrolled and in the Middle East. Thank you if that's the case!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:36 PM

You may want to rebuild the carb upon return and flush the rest of the fuel system, but no harm will come of the bike. I'm sure there's some TT'rs from Illinois who'd be willing to care for your bike while you're gone.

I'm assuming you're enrolled and in the Middle East. Thank you if that's the case!

Bike will be fine - hopefully the petcock is turned off - otherwise a good cleaning will be due.

And yes I also thank you for what you are doing over there....be safe. :banghead:

• flintlock28

Posted November 01, 2005 - 05:54 PM

Yes, thank you for your service.....

Don

• mangler

Posted November 01, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Where abouts do you live in IL?

If you happen to be local by Crystal Lake, let me know i'd be happy to go over and winterize it for you, thank you for your service :banghead:

PM me if you are close by

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.