1988 XR600 Rear Shock Help Needed

5 replies to this topic
  • Adam1414

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:04 PM

Like a complete idiot, I unfastened the bolt which connects the line between the shock and the resevour. My question now is how would I go about restoring the shock to its original condition. Is it just a matter of cleaning it out and refilling the oil, does the shock need to be nitrogen filled. I'm pretty lost on this one. Please help

Thank you for your time,
Adam

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:08 PM

If you want it back to original condition, you best just drop it off to your favorite suspension guy. You'll never get it properly blead and after that it needs to be recharged with Nitrogen. If you had enough experience to bleed the shock correctly and sufficiently, you wouldnt have made mistake in the first place. Sorry bud :banghead:

• Adam1414

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:17 PM

Do you know how much a fix like that usually runs for? Would I just be better off buying a used shock off ebay, there only $20

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fig

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:59 PM

Your best bet is to have the shock serviced while it is off. Where do you live? People can point you to a good shop near you.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:36 PM

The only problem of another shock is its going to be a worn out piece of shit too...if your going to spend some money, spend it right...

• Adam1414

Posted November 02, 2005 - 03:49 PM

I live in Santa Barbara, CA.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.