04 WR450 YZ Cam Electric Start Won't Work
Posted November 01, 2005 - 12:32 PM
Just installed YZ450 Cam in my 04 WR450. The bike runs fantastic (and I recommend the mod.), but it will not start when using the electric start - why? It seems to be cranking just fine, but it will not fire-up.
- Battery Checks out good and has full charge
- Starter cranks and engages (sounds strong)
- Grey Wire pulled
- I have tried when bike is hot/cold and anywhere in between
- It will kick over in 1-2 kicks
- I have owned the bike since it was new and e-start work perfectly just before the modification
It really is no big deal to kick the bike over, but nice to have the e-start - it does come in handy at times.
Posted November 01, 2005 - 12:47 PM
Believe it or not you are spining the motor darn fast by kick starting and not as fast for electric. I believe the copression release on the cam is centifical in effect and is not being spun fast enough with the starter too release the valve..
Don't bag on me, it just a thought.
Posted November 01, 2005 - 12:57 PM
Posted November 01, 2005 - 07:06 PM
Posted November 01, 2005 - 08:43 PM
but mine is well worn in. good luck!