Big Man Suspension 2005 Wr 450

8 replies to this topic
  • WRBIGBOY

Posted October 31, 2005 - 09:09 PM

Anyone Out There Can Give Me A Idea What Suspension That Is Good For A 310 Man.

• xcracer123

Posted October 31, 2005 - 09:20 PM

If you go to www.racetech.com you can look for proper spring rates.

• WRBIGBOY

Posted October 31, 2005 - 09:49 PM

thanks for the info, not all can be skinny

• ShadyatBest

Posted October 31, 2005 - 10:03 PM

you are going to have to respring it front and back. Stock springs are for a 150-200 pound person

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted November 01, 2005 - 06:07 AM

I believe the heaviest shock spring you can get from Racetech is a 6.4 (their calc suggested a 6.2 for me) That's what I have and I'm about 260. It works well for me, but I might guess it's a hair on the light side. You may need more help than that. NCMountainman is a heavy feller; what did he do?

• rushfan

Posted November 01, 2005 - 07:20 AM

Anyone Out There Can Give Me A Idea What Suspension That Is Good For A 310 Man.

Terry? Is that you?? :banghead:

If not...sorry.

• Punisher660

Posted November 01, 2005 - 09:35 AM

I think the factories need to start a new like of "Husky" bikes that have a little more power and super stiff suspension for us big guys. Imagine a WR500 BigBoy Edition! :banghead: "I'm not fat....I'm just big bonned!"

• ncmountainman

Posted November 01, 2005 - 11:10 AM

I think the factories need to start a new like of "Husky" bikes that have a little more power and super stiff suspension for us big guys. Imagine a WR500 BigBoy Edition! :banghead: "I'm not fat....I'm just big bonned!"

i'd like to R&D that one! i found a 6.6 from too tech racing in cali. i run .52's in the front with 7.5 wt instead of 5, subtanks really help you keep the oil level high to resist bottoming while retaining plushness. you'll more than likely want to go to yz valving,even for offroad :banghead: its a little trickier for your tuner but once you get it straight its great. good heavy tires w/UHD tubes are a must also.

• Matty05

Posted November 01, 2005 - 06:44 PM

Racetech recommends:
0.526kg/mm front springs and 6.4kg/mm rear spring for your weight.

I have 0.50 fronts and 6.0 rear and it has made the world of difference to the bike and my riding has improved heaps.

The shock valving seems fine, but I really feel the forks valving is absolute crap, probably good for a 50kg rider.

I recomend you get a tuner to set up your suspension properly, with revalving as well as the heavier springs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.