03 vs 05 WR 450 ???

23 replies to this topic
  • ARin

Posted November 02, 2005 - 08:52 AM

hey now!!!
leave my luggage alone!!!

im trying to figure out how to carry my rifle on my bike. :banghead:

But in all seriousness, it WOULD be nice if yamaha would make a "california version" and a "free states version".

:banghead:

• hankdog

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:33 PM

But in all seriousness, it WOULD be nice if yamaha would make a "california version" and a "free states version".

:banghead:

Yamaha probably sells as many bikes in california as they do the rest of the states combined so it makes economic sense to make them all that way. Thankfully, they do offer us "free staters" the AIS removal kit, and the '05 bike runs just great now. I've ridden my friends '04 and frankly I can't tell the difference now except his suspension is a lot stiffer 'cause he's a big boy. And, I had fun doing the work, and learned an awful lot about the bike while researching and completing the mods. Any of you California guys want to buy my smog pump? :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just034

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:52 PM

Yamaha probably sells as many bikes in california as they do the rest of the states combined so it makes economic sense to make them all that way. Thankfully, they do offer us "free staters" the AIS removal kit, and the '05 bike runs just great now. I've ridden my friends '04 and frankly I can't tell the difference now except his suspension is a lot stiffer 'cause he's a big boy. And, I had fun doing the work, and learned an awful lot about the bike while researching and completing the mods. Any of you California guys want to buy my smog pump? :banghead:

That may be a bit of a stretch. There are approximately 280 million americans and 30 million of those reside in CA so about 1/9 americans. Granted CA has nice riding weather, I grew up there and my inlaws live there. There are a lot of riders in CA so if they are double the national average of riders in the nation that is still only 1 in ever 4.5 bikes. I guess that is a large enough percentage to have the industry take note.

• Triumphs

Posted November 02, 2005 - 01:09 PM

The 05s and 06s turn better and handle better, the WR has always been known as a top heavy pig in the past, times are changing.... If you've read any recent reviews, they WRs are better than they've ever been..

No question, and don't just read the new reviews...read the old ones. Previous WR's have even been compared unfavorably to big 650R Hondas...nevermind the other 450's! Never really a weight issue, just how it carried it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.