Tire Suggestions

5 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted October 31, 2005 - 05:33 PM

On my Dual Sports I have always used Dunlop D606. Does anyone have an personal experience with the D606 vs another tire. I am Dual Sporting the WR and I am putting on DOT tires. I will be riding mainly woods with little paved roads usage. I like the D606 for paved and woods but I would like something a little more aggresive.

• simon@vic

Posted October 31, 2005 - 05:48 PM

why dot? i run maxiss IT front and rear. do the police down there know to check?
it not having DOT on the side just means it hasn't been tested. doesn't mean its unsafe in any way!

• Doug R

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:07 PM

On my Dual Sports I have always used Dunlop D606. Does anyone have an personal experience with the D606 vs another tire. I am Dual Sporting the WR and I am putting on DOT tires. I will be riding mainly woods with little paved roads usage. I like the D606 for paved and woods but I would like something a little more aggresive.

You said it,"little paved roads".I would pick the best tire for your type of off road terrain and go with it.I would hate to give up anything in traction for what little it's on the pavement. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted October 31, 2005 - 07:00 PM

Well some of the police know but Dual Sports are so uncommon that most are just trying to figure out how a plate got on it. But that comes from a state that makes a law making it a law to have windshield wipers on cars but it does not say you must have a windshield.

I am planning on going to ride in Big Bend and I think that most of those cops know. I have always thought that the D606 was the best DOT for dirt. I just wanted another option.

• Bamster

Posted October 31, 2005 - 07:09 PM

The Kenda trackmaster is better for dirt than the 606 on the rear only. :banghead:

• minion

Posted October 31, 2005 - 08:41 PM

I just switched out my stock tires to the Pirelli Scorpion Pros. They are DOT (and FIM) approved.

I never really had too much of a problem with the stock rear - it was an OK tire. The front stock tire SUCKED :banghead:. I hated that tire. The new Pirelli rear hooks up better than the stocker did, but the front is ten times better. Still a little slippage in the woods on wet ruts and leaves, but nothing compared to the stock front on my WR.

If I were to do it again, I'd try the Pirelli MT32F front. All Pirelli fronts are DOT approved, and the MT32F is more of a mud tire than the Scorpion is. But my setup now is a lot better than what I had.

M.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.