WR426 crankcase issues

1 reply to this topic
  • Ripmeister

Posted October 31, 2005 - 04:45 PM

I have an '02 WR426 - the right side crankcase cover cracked on my last ride (I can't figure out how). Anyway, I ordered a new one but can't seem to remove some of the bearings and seals in the old one. Is it an issue of brute force? Do I have to buy new seals and bearings? I don't mind that, I guess, but the local dealer here is terrible and never has any inventory. :banghead: I don't want to wait another two weeks if I can help it. Any help/hints would be greatly appreciated from this newbie.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tshe1

Posted October 31, 2005 - 09:12 PM

you can pull the bearings with bearing puller tool.
you will have to check the bearings before install them.
if they are not good, you will have to replace them (you don't open the crankcase every day) with new one.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.