Short Kickstand from DR650 fit a DRZ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Georgiapeach

Posted October 31, 2005 - 01:28 PM

Finally got the bike set up to where I can ride it and I had no idea how much fun I would have on this thing! We lowered with the Kouba 3, and the kickstand is too long. Does anyone know if the short kickstand from Suzuki for the DR650 will mount on the DRZ?

• gregkzoo

Posted October 31, 2005 - 01:59 PM

You could cut it down, and have a base welded on it, or you could eliminate it, and carry a triangle stand.

• DRZ_John

Posted October 31, 2005 - 02:03 PM

You could cut it down, and have a base welded on it, or you could eliminate it, and carry a triangle stand.

Or you can cut some out of the center and weld it back together.
(this is what I did when I went to the dark side :banghead: )

John

• Georgiapeach

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:20 PM

I want to keep the stock stand in case I ever sell it to a tall person someday. We can cut and reweld it at home, that is no problem. Just wondering if anyone has used the shorter stand made for the 650.

• lazyracer

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:26 AM

DR650 stand won't fit, I already checked into it

Use the OEM kickstand from the '2006 DRZ400SM SuperMoto, it's about 2" shorter, due to the lower ride height 17" wheels. Recently added a 2" KOUBA-LINK and dropped the forks 1.5", recently installed the SM kickstand, it works great. Order the springs (2) that go with it.

lazyracer

Related Content

Wiki
Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension - last post by bmwpowere36m3

Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2013 by hondajon80

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2013
  • 11 reviews
  • Last review by Thorgrim
  • On July 10, 2014
Forums
Photo

What did you BUY for your DRZ today by Craig-o

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  1,958 replies
Forums
Photo

Need help diagnosing rough idle problem by richdiggins

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 18 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.