Different Renthal Sizes??????

9 replies to this topic
  • hybridz77

Posted October 31, 2005 - 10:19 AM

Yeah I am going to pick up some of Renthals Twinwall Handlebars but I really have no clue as to what the differences are between their sizes
They have McGrath, Carmichael, CR High, Emig, and Windham

Anyone have any suggestions, I am 5'8" (lil small for wr450) BUT still lovin this MEAN ASS ride.

• ARin

Posted October 31, 2005 - 11:08 AM

If you click on the "applications" button on this page, it will give you dimensions of the different styles.

http://www.renthal.com/twinwall.asp

• rushfan

Posted November 01, 2005 - 06:48 AM

I happen to like the bend of the stock Renthal bars on my 05. I just want to up grade to either Renthal twin wall or Pro Taper fat bars. I haven't made up my mind as to which ones I want, but I am not that picky about the bend. The current bend is just fine. :banghead:

• hybridz77

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:41 AM

With the Twinwall Bar is the inner diameter a factor to consider when ordering Barkbusters (handgaurds), Moose's product imparticular. They list three sizes Magura/KTM, Flex series/Pro Series/Fatbar, and 7/8. I believe the fatbar size is what would be needed, is this correct?

• bg10459

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:58 PM

With the Twinwall Bar is the inner diameter a factor to consider when ordering Barkbusters (handgaurds), Moose's product imparticular. They list three sizes Magura/KTM, Flex series/Pro Series/Fatbar, and 7/8. I believe the fatbar size is what would be needed, is this correct?

Can't say for sure, but when I asked about the Pro Taper mount kit for my acerbis guards, I was told they will not work with the Twinwalls.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted November 01, 2005 - 06:18 PM

I happen to like the bend of the stock Renthal bars on my 05. I just want to up grade to either Renthal twin wall or Pro Taper fat bars. I haven't made up my mind as to which ones I want, but I am not that picky about the bend. The current bend is just fine. :banghead:

If I were you, I would just wait untill you bend the stocko's.
It won't take much to bend them.

• rushfan

Posted November 01, 2005 - 07:18 PM

Really? Are the stock Renthals that weak?

• Matty05

Posted November 02, 2005 - 03:27 AM

My missus bent hers just by dropping her bike, I bent mine by washing out in a corner.

Just a slight bend in your bars can really throw off your riding. I got new bars and kept the old ones for spares.

• hybridz77

Posted November 02, 2005 - 08:17 AM

Yeah I Looked At The Posted Link To Renthal And Found That The Outter Portion Is 7/8 So More Common 7/8 Barkbusters And Controls Can Be Used. But The Diameter At Bar Mounts Is 1 1/8 So I Guess Its Like A Pro Taper Bar But Not Tapered Just Stepped Instead!!

• bg10459

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:38 PM

Yeah I Looked At The Posted Link To Renthal And Found That The Outter Portion Is 7/8 So More Common 7/8 Barkbusters And Controls Can Be Used. But The Diameter At Bar Mounts Is 1 1/8 So I Guess Its Like A Pro Taper Bar But Not Tapered Just Stepped Instead!!

Only problem is, the hand guard mounts on the end fit inside the end of the bar. I'm pretty sure the Twinwalls have a thicker wall than the 7/8 bars (smaller I.D.) The O.D. is 7/8 at the end so your controls and grips will fit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.