Waterfall Trail - San Rafael Swell Utah

1 reply to this topic
  • mknight

Posted October 31, 2005 - 09:43 AM

Hey everybody. This was posted on ktmtalk by Chris....a member of the Sageriders motorcycle club here in Utah. This is an example of the great work they do and acknowledgment of the people involved. I know there are a lot of Colorado guys that enjoy this area too.

Quote:
The Waterfall Trail is a single-track, approximately 14 mile trail just west of the Temple Mountain parking area (the People Pasture, but that's another story). The trail has been "sponsored" by the Sage Riders m/c for some time, but until yesterday the trail hadn't been marked (other than the trailhead at each end of the trail).

Well yesterday, Wade Allinson and Alan Petersen led about 10 other Sage Riders on a trail-marking work ride. Carrying five-foot long carsonite sign posts, sledgehammers, steel "starting" tools, stickers plus "normal" riding supplies on bikes was quite the experience. My neck is killing me today from the backpack full of steel crap I carried all day!

The trail is now mostly marked, with alternate routes blocked off. The carsonite sign posts have a directional arrow near the top and a Sage Rider sticker below that. PLEASE stay on the single-track!! There's also a "special feature" not found on most trails (only Alan P. would carry a cordless hammer-drill on his bike!), and that is most definitely "another story". If you ride the trail, you'll see it. Some day I'll share the "rest of the story" when enough people have had a chance to see it.

BTW, the weather was perfect and the dirt was moist; I was surprised to see NO other dirt bikers there.

For those of us who ride in this area (and I do so infrequently) we all owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to people like Alan Petersen, Wade Allinson, Dick Brass and others whose hard work keeps this area open. In fact, our relationship with the local BLM office has blossomed recently (while the relationship with the BLM office that oversees the Jericho area is heading into the toilet). Support the BRC and USA-ALL. Join a club. Enjoy the trail!

• no2tracks

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:46 PM

Thanks to all you guys for all your work, and Scott Wheeler too! I hope to take my son there someday. Maybe someday those trails in the WSA will reopen.

What are 'they' studying anyway??

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Colorado

Two bro racing miliken by DASFUEHRER

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Rocky Mountains
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Colorado

Flywheel balancing in the Denver area? by Captain Dogmeat

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo
Utah

Rear tire choice by matt_israel

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo
Colorado

Taylor Park by 2012 450 xc-w

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo
Colorado

Ktm 300exc jetting for rampart? by Davschall

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.