Add a KEY to the WR??

7 replies to this topic
  • ARin

Posted October 30, 2005 - 10:19 PM

any way to replace the on/off power switch with a keyed switch???

Just for a little added protection from the casual thief, or bankrobber making a getaway.:banghead:

• jonrichert

Posted October 30, 2005 - 10:55 PM

i was thinking about this too, and i think the easiest solution would be to put a keyed switch in series with the existing ignition button. keeping the existing wiring in-tact.

• ARin

Posted October 30, 2005 - 11:13 PM

Id like to gut the existing ignition button, and install a keyed switch inside the housing.

• Guest_Joe Schmo_*

Posted October 31, 2005 - 01:14 AM

In Australia, we have a keyed switch together with an analog speedo. Maybe you can order it via Yamaha Australia?

Key switch & speedo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4mud

Posted October 31, 2005 - 05:50 AM

I rplaced the stock ignition switch with one from a Honda CRF230, it was less than half the price of a Yamaha TTR230 switch. The bracket was not hard to make.

• kincade

Posted October 31, 2005 - 09:16 AM

DDialouge (sp) here has done this mod; I actually bought the switch and 2 LED's for the conversion (adding a neutral indicator), but I think I've decided not to use and and just sell the key assembly. Too lazy to do it!

• extex

Posted October 31, 2005 - 03:33 PM

I bought the key switch for an 05 TTR 125 and replaced the button. Very simple, just pull the four wires out of the plug and replace with the four wires from the key switch. The bracket can mount in a lot of places, stock, or with minor modification can go anywhere.

• kincade

Posted October 31, 2005 - 03:59 PM

That's the exact key I have for sale if anyone here is looking; brand new, never used.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.