What do you guys think this dipstick temp gauge?

11 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 30, 2005 - 02:10 PM

I saw this on ebay... I think it's pretty cool...

Dipstick

• Jim_bo

Posted October 30, 2005 - 02:13 PM

It doesn't look as long as the stock dipstick.

• tp3dxf

Posted October 30, 2005 - 02:45 PM

If your running a stabilizer It kinda looks like it may be a pain in the ass to remove. I guess it just depends on your set up.

Also I don't really see a need for it.

• duke2au

Posted October 30, 2005 - 06:15 PM

nah, I reckon id kick it off with my boot. One hit from anything and its all over. I suppose you could keep the original with you though.

• ncampion

Posted October 30, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Check out XR's Only web site. They offer the same thing at half the price. No problems with fitting.

• Bamster

Posted October 31, 2005 - 05:58 AM

I reckon id kick it off with my boot

How would you kick it off with your boot?

A friend of mine has one on his XR. It's kinda cool but I don't really see the need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFThumper

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:04 AM

I think its a cool way of knowing what going on in your motor!The only prob I had with mine is that the top is not sealed and if you lay the bike over the oil would run into the Gage,

• Chas_M

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:38 AM

I think its a cool way of knowing what going on in your motor!The only prob I had with mine is that the top is not sealed and if you lay the bike over the oil would run into the Gage,

I doubt if this is the case.

• vorra65

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:50 AM

So this gauge goes into the stock location on the crankcase. The dipstick on my 04 WR, is up on the frame head. Anybody know for sure if these will fit 03 and later Wr's?

Link to gauge at Al Baker's XR's

• byggd

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:54 AM

If your running a stabilizer It kinda looks like it may be a pain in the ass to remove. I guess it just depends on your set up.

Also I don't really see a need for it.

My 02 426 came with one but you are right, it's a pain in the a$$ with a steering stab, I had to loosen the clamp and spin it to the side everytime I wanted to check/change my oil so I put the stock one back in. I figure I can pull the stick after a ride and then take a reading with the thermo. Might not be a problem on a 450 because the dipstick is off to the side.

• byggd

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:56 AM

So this gauge goes into the stock location on the crankcase. The dipstick on my 04 WR, is up on the frame head. Anybody know for sure if these will fit 03 and later Wr's?

Link to gauge at Al Baker's XR's

03-05 are in the same place.

• CRFThumper

Posted November 01, 2005 - 04:38 AM

I doubt if this is the case.

I doubt you would know!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.