Title trouble - Michigan

3 replies to this topic
  • xr_stamm

Posted October 29, 2005 - 06:03 AM

I took my police inspection sheet, old title, and insurance card in and walked out with a plate in about 7 minutes.

Here is the question. She put the paperwork through, but she said that I "might" get the title kicked back since I didn't bring recipts showing the purchase of conversion pieces.

Has anyone else gotten that request in Michigan?

• pressurefreak

Posted October 29, 2005 - 11:27 AM

Long story short after talking to 3 different people I was told to have a green sheet, a circumstances statement and a title if possible or either origin or state title. I went to the SOS and the person gave me grief and asked me if this was a moped after explaining to her this was a 600cc dirt bike she then asked me if it was a scooter. I said NOOO this was a dirtbike that I have made road legal(see greensheet). She talked to another person who knew what they were doing and processed my paperwork. The person who asked me if this was a scooter was still unsure that the state would issue me a title. 9 days later I recieved my title and the week I recieved my title I got my plate. so if you get grief keep talking and you will get someone who knows what they are doing. If the title search comes up clean and not stolen you should get your title.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cdeseru

Posted October 29, 2005 - 01:50 PM

If you got the plate you will get the title. :banghead: They did not even ask me for any prices for the parts. :banghead: I never saw a green sheet :lol: Trust me you will get your title. :busted:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 29, 2005 - 07:28 PM

yeah.....you just gotta try a couple different people........why the hell are there so many threads on titles in michigan?

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.