Free Mods

8 replies to this topic
  • baha

Posted October 28, 2005 - 02:42 PM

I really want to take advantage of all the power I can get for the least amount of cash. I am starting the tune up / hop up process and hope tp be as focused on results as opposed to hype. What works, what has not lived up to it promise and what has failed to deliver?? So far the only thing I have and still haven't installed yet is the jd jets and needle.

• ShadyatBest

Posted October 29, 2005 - 07:25 PM

well the stock exhaust sucks on that thing. it isnt free but that is your best bet. You can cut the airbox, remove the screen, cut the grey wire, add power now, pull the restrictor, use jd needles but none of those things will give you as much power as you will get from buying a new pipe.

• Matty05

Posted October 29, 2005 - 09:08 PM

New pipe for sure!

You don't really need a full sustem, a slip on muffler will do. There is heaps available
to suit any budget.

Your jetting kit will only make a mild improvement if you haven't done the "free" mods yet.

Trust me and get a pipe!

• clark4131

Posted October 29, 2005 - 09:54 PM

My vote is for an FMF Powercore 4 SA or a Yoshimura TRC-Comp :banghead: ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • poffer

Posted October 30, 2005 - 04:46 AM

I have a yoshimura trc comp, its a great pipe and it really made a difference!! sounds good too :banghead:

I'v also rejetted carb and cut air box. Since my bike is an european model there is no throttle stop and cutting the grey wire has no effect.

Only thing is that I have problems getting it tuned right at mid register... Think I have to change the needle. Have heard that using the yzf needle will solve this "problem"...?? Anyone who knows?

• baha

Posted October 30, 2005 - 08:03 AM

Well it is a start, Doing lots of reserching this am ( dogs woke me up ) and have ordered the Big gun evo slip on as well as 13 tooth counter and a 51 tooth rear-- I really don't need a ton of top end speed. The evo is supposed to be quiet and that is important to me as well as the rest of us.

Cutting the gray does what?? Where is restictor?? Any and all feedback is being checked out and thanks for all the help...

Maybe the title should have read BANG FOR THE BUCK

• ARin

Posted October 30, 2005 - 10:19 AM

if you havent removed your throttle stop, and your grey wire, then you dont even know what your bike is capable of.

• kawirider

Posted October 30, 2005 - 10:58 AM

A 13 and a 51! that bike is going to flat out rip

• baha

Posted October 30, 2005 - 09:31 PM

I was doing the search and found a 2003 wr 450 project bike. The t?rottle stop part number, gray wire purpose, airbox fit was all in it. Did anybody ever have a problem with the woodruff key?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.