I thought I would never see the day…

6 replies to this topic
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 22, 2001 - 12:42 PM

I grew up at Saddleback Motorsports Park. Now it's back!
http://www.saddlebackmx.com

:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Swedisheagle

Posted August 22, 2001 - 02:14 PM

Is this near the location of the old park? I was just a little guy on my 80 puttin around the old joint tryin not to get run down by a pack of Bultacos & Maicos the last time I was there with my grandfather. Didn't the old place close in 78' or 79'?

• MotoGreg

Posted August 22, 2001 - 04:15 PM

I can't wait! I started hearing rumors about this around a year ago. I only live about 10 minutes from there. I really like Elsinore and Comp Park but the 45 minute drive there twice a week sucks.

------------------
'92 GSXR 7/11 (For sale, click on link)
'99 YZ400F - Exciting new pics!
'02 Honda CR450F - Coming soon!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • overthebars_again

Posted August 23, 2001 - 04:36 AM

Hey Ron, why don't you come up for a ride this weekend? I think it's going to be a little cooler than it has been lately.
Marc

• Scott_F

Posted August 23, 2001 - 05:28 AM

The new Saddleback track is near the old one, which closed in '84. It will open 9-4-01, for Tuesday and Thursday practice. No weekend riding yet.

• PMAUST

Posted August 23, 2001 - 05:30 AM

That is great news. Brian and Josh will really appreciate that. Maybe miracles can happen! :)

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted August 23, 2001 - 07:08 AM

I have to admit that the last mx track I was on was Saddleback in the early 80's. That was back when a double was a big deal. Things have changed a little. This has sparked a need to give mx a try again. Way cool! :)

Otba - I am on vacation for two weeks starting this weekend. Headed out of state for some serious r&r and re-evaluation of things. When I get back it will be time to train again (have to get my sorry a$$ in shape) and I will be looking forward to riding with you and Dan a lot in the near future. Thanks for the invite but I gotta take a raincheck bro.

Paul, I'll make sure they know about this. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.