XR650L Microfiche

9 replies to this topic
  • HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 28, 2005 - 05:52 AM

Hey all, i know bikebandit.com has a viewable microfiche for the 650L which is great, but i was wondering if anyone new of a place i can just download a printable copy of one?

I can go through the hassle of opening and printing each section out individually, but it would be 1000x easier to just grab the whole thing at once with the Honda part numbers in tact, and print that. This way when i goober it with mud and oil i can just reprint the thing. :banghead:

Any suggestions?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 28, 2005 - 08:27 AM

Can you right-click on the images and pick 'save-as'?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 28, 2005 - 09:58 AM

Hi Dave,

Yes, I can do the "save as" thing for the images, but the part # descriptions are all in HTML. That doesn't translate well when trying to save it to a form readily usable by the computer I use. I am set up VERY well for graphics, but very light for word processing and HTML conversion. The best I can do is copy the parts lists into notepad to blow out the formatting, and then transfer them to excel to try to get them listed again. The HTML pages on bikebandit.com are partly set up as a shopping cart, and the "Quantity" links don't translate well into excel. All in all it is a good day’s work to transfer all that info into a printable format that I could save into one file (yet another step). I was hoping for an easier way out.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 28, 2005 - 10:16 AM

I was able to copy and paste the parts list and pricing to Word and it only took a couple of minutes to edit it to where it was easy to read again.

Try word instead of excel. Unless you dont have word...

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 28, 2005 - 10:34 AM

:banghead: i dont have word, just notepad and excel

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 28, 2005 - 10:35 AM

*kick* stupid work computer.... ...oops...

did i say i was at work? :banghead:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 29, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ya know what? Ive never seen a computer that didnt have Word!

How funny is that!

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 31, 2005 - 06:08 AM

welcome to corporate America, where things you need to do your job are removed so that the higher ups can bitch that you didn't do what they wanted you to. :banghead:

• roadcam

Posted October 31, 2005 - 07:01 AM

WORD was dropped when Microsoft released 'Works", I think ... I got an old copy of Office 98, and loaded the WORD program from there :banghead:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 31, 2005 - 08:24 AM

Due to company policy (which is adhered to quite stringently) i cannot add any "unauthorized" programs to this computer. they police the licenses very closely.

I have office 98 and 2000 at home, but i cant use them here. Not legal to do so.

I was hoping i could just d/l the thing and print it out. *sigh* i guess ill have to do it the long way. :-(

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  47 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.