Any/all info on CRFont brakeline

6 replies to this topic
  • Tige_Lamb

Posted August 22, 2001 - 12:32 PM

Bad getoff this weekend in a hareS. and bent the circle/banjo part of front brake line that goes over bolt into resivor. Heard a few good things about CR type brake line. Any and all comments welcome. Also looking for a source that may stock this part. 99WR No2injection Saftyorange plastic grocerycart wheels on 2"x2" steelpipe for wheelie bar da da da da Da.

• Tige_Lamb

Posted August 24, 2001 - 12:12 PM

Hey buddy let me shine a little light your way. Maybe you need to change your heading to something else. Did you ever think to check the Archives? Most of the WR's here have great front brakes and everyone knows where to get a Dash----1 brake line.

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 25, 2001 - 04:23 AM

Surf n turf racing out of CT has their own kit - 860-963-7792.
www.surfnturfracing.com

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tige_Lamb

Posted August 27, 2001 - 11:11 AM

Thank you NH Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!

• JKC

Posted August 28, 2001 - 12:16 AM

Kev,

Does the Surf-N-Turf Fastline kit route OK with the WR Light/Plate or must you have the YZ plate?

Cheers.

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 28, 2001 - 01:19 AM

JKC,
Good question. This topic came up quite a while back. The brake lines on the WR and YZ are different lengths as I recall. So the CR kitted YZ should NOT fit a WR. The line will be too short. I do not use the CR kit on my WR. I just stuck on a stainless steel line to improve braking.

The best thing I can recommend is to talk to the guys that sell these kits. Hopefully they can steer you in the right direction, and if they are wrong, will "cheerfully" take their stuff back.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted August 28, 2001 - 02:04 AM

Hey Kev,
How much of an improvement did you notice after going to the SS brake line? And how much $$$ did it cost?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.