Get your Kit Yamaha parts

6 replies to this topic
  • minifig-phil

Posted October 27, 2005 - 03:58 PM

Get your Kit Yamaha parts order in by Nov 15

www.yamaha-racingparts.com

• biznet1

Posted October 27, 2005 - 05:34 PM

I wonder how long it takes for this to get deleted.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 28, 2005 - 05:16 AM

This is the Rinaldi stuff over in Europe.....man that 479 kit sure looks interesting...
Of more interest the "2006" 450 kit - I guess they have had time to test a new bike for Stefan Everts and come out with cams, CDI etc.... for it.
I guess you would have to purchase through a Yami dealer in Europe and have it shipped here......which is not that big a deal until you have a problem.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted October 28, 2005 - 09:26 AM

Of more interest the "2006" 450 kit - I guess they have had time to test a new bike for Stefan Everts and come out with cams, CDI etc.... for it.

The whole 2006 450 engine is basically the same as 2005 apart from minor changes. Isn't the kit they offer same as for 2005? That would explain why the kit is already "available" :banghead:

• minifig-phil

Posted October 29, 2005 - 06:06 AM

Why would it get deleted? I saw it on soup and thought you guys would want to know.

• bedell99

Posted October 29, 2005 - 04:13 PM

Sure Blue I was under the impression the 450 motor was completely new.

Erik

• SureBlue

Posted October 29, 2005 - 05:23 PM

Yes, new cases make it look like totally new but basic construction is the same with improvements for 2006:

Changed cylinder head angle
Dry sump oil tank inside the front of the crankcase (removed external oil lines)
Redesigned piston, crankshaft and connecting rod
Oil jet directed piston bottom
Five-speed gearbox
Carburetion and exhaust changes
:banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.