Mikuni cable nipple tips xr650r

5 replies to this topic
  • xrmoto

Posted October 27, 2005 - 02:29 AM

I,ve just got my Mikuni TM40 for my xr650r. I have to shorten the push, pull throttlle cables and reattatch new nipples. I need any advice on what solder to use, or do you need to braze them on. Also are the cables made of stainless steel as this may cause a problem attatching the nipples.

• BWB63

Posted October 27, 2005 - 04:01 AM

You need to get the right cables

• pbusanga

Posted October 27, 2005 - 05:20 AM

hi i have a similar problem. i switched to an Edelbrock carb and would prefer to use the original honda throttle assembly but the cables are too long. not the outer cable but the amount of steel cable protruding. i was also thinking of cutting and resoldering the nipples. if you find a soloution please PM me. i live in Africa and cannot by cables down the road.
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted October 27, 2005 - 09:50 AM

I have all three carburetors and they all use different cables.

• XRMANU

Posted October 27, 2005 - 01:59 PM

I use the OEM Honda outer cables with new shorter inner cables, custom cut .I use nipples with a little screw in it,from a bicycle shop.I put Loctide on the screws.
I did it on my XR416 with the Mikuni TM36(enduro use) and with the TM40 on the 650r (SM street use) for years now,no problem. :banghead:

• treysoucie

Posted March 21, 2012 - 12:40 PM

what "nipples" did you use with set screws for the tm40? can you get us a manufacture and part numper? This seems more feasible than my shoddy soldering skills.

I use the OEM Honda outer cables with new shorter inner cables, custom cut .I use nipples with a little screw in it,from a bicycle shop.I put Loctide on the screws.
I did it on my XR416 with the Mikuni TM36(enduro use) and with the TM40 on the 650r (SM street use) for years now,no problem. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.