650L Carb Kits vs Dave's (and others') mods

5 replies to this topic
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted October 26, 2005 - 12:08 PM

Just looking for popular opinion on carb kits like Factory Concepts or FMF Power Up or DynoJet vs following Dave's (or other's write-ups) mods?

Are these overkill? Does it make more sense to just get the best/exact jets, and do it once for my average riding condition(s)?

(My 250R I just have two different main jets, and swap when going to the mountains)

• klmmicro

Posted October 26, 2005 - 01:35 PM

I put the Dynajet in mine and I am seriously rethinking that decision. I will be doing the Dave's Mods here when my order of different jets show up from the dealer. I would (read should have started for me) start there as it is the most cost effective.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 26, 2005 - 02:03 PM

Hard to tell if those kits have keihin jets and needles, or otherwise.

The FMF kit looks too much like a dynojet kit to me.

The standard mods might leave you with a little fine tuning, but you'll be 95% there.

D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted October 26, 2005 - 02:37 PM

Hard to tell if those kits have keihin jets and needles, or otherwise.

The FMF kit looks too much like a dynojet kit to me.

The standard mods might leave you with a little fine tuning, but you'll be 95% there.

D

Dave--

The Factory Concepts one claims: "Jets included are top-quality Mikuni and Keihin; no aftermarket components", but the FMF makes no similar claim.

Your reputation precedes you; I think I'll give your recommendations a try first. :banghead:

• goblin127

Posted October 27, 2005 - 07:27 AM

Go with Daves mods ,we have all been down this road before ,they work better than the kits.

• roadcam

Posted October 27, 2005 - 07:38 AM

I have the DynaJet kit, and it workes perfectly ... BUT, it is WAY overpriced ... just go buy your Keihin jets, and do Dave's mods ... it will run fine and save you money :banghead:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.