Moose Tubes

You need a special tyre fitting press to get the tyre on the rim.

Moose tubes won't go flat but cost more than the tyre that it is in. They are a lot heavier too.

I guess everyone here is running heavy duty tubes, including me. If you are worried about punctures, you can add some of that tyre weld stuff into your tube.

I have used them on my mt. bike and liked them for the most part. They equal about 40 to 45 psi, which is good for your average climbs and cross country, but added a noticeable weight gain. I wouldn't want them on my dirt bike. I'll stick with the heavy duty tubes. :banghead:

Here are some quotes from the bib mousse tube product description:

Bib-Mousse is designed for off-road racing use with Michelin and BFGoodrich® tyres. Marked NHS (not for road use), it should never be used on paved roads. Its use with other brands of tyres is also not advised.

Each Bib-Mousse comes with a tube of mounting gel

# Bib-Mousse should not be stored for long periods at temperatures higher than 30°C

# The maximum useful life of a Bib-Mousse is six months from the date of installation on the motorcycle. This period could be significantly reduced in cases of intense use. For example, the useful life will be much shorter for motocross applications than in enduro use.

# When new, Bib-Mousse simulates air pressure equivalent to 0.9 bar. This pressure will decrease gradually over the life of the product. Replace the Bib-Mousse when it becomes too soft for safe riding.

# At the beginning of each ride, take care to bring the tyre and Bib-Mousse up to operating temperature gradually.

I've raced with both Bibs and moose and Bridgestone HD tubes. For 250's and below, the rear Bib works good. For 450's and above stick to tubes on rear. Bibs can and will melt with open bikes on the rear wheel. Up front, Bibs work good because you can hit just about anything and not get a flat.

I have used HD Moose or Bridgestone tubes for years with Slime. I run 18lbs front and 18 lbs rear. No flats in over a decade of riding that pressure. Riding area is mostly desert and Baja only. Haven't ridden much lately due to broken bones, but that is the set up I use when do.

You might look at Tire Balls too. They hold up good (except again in anything from 450 cc ups on rear tires) and can work for many tires, over and over again. I've run them as part of a race quad team for the 04 Baja 500 (Yamaha 660 Raptor with Mike Penland and Fatrob in Sportsman Class, 1st overall in class) and we didn't get a flat at all for the entire 470 mile course.

Steny :banghead:

My experience was actually good having run them in ISDE qualifiers on my WR250f and then leaving them on my bike after that. My tires actually lasted longer. I suspect because they got better traction and I spun the wheel less. They were difficult to install at first, but get the zip-ty levers and wedge that wheel against the garage door jamb and it works fine with one person. Lube is essential. After I used up the lube that was supplied, I used axle bearing grease with no problem.

After they wore out, I cut them up into trophy parts. I cut up a worn out tire with the mousse inside. They mount to a trophy plaque for a unique trophy. Not a real good reason to buy them though. Cost me $350 bucks for the pair.

pick up a pair of bridgestone ultra heavy duty tubes. if you've never seen them, you'll be blown away by how thick they are.

the bridgestone UHD's are about pinch proof,i've run down to 10f/8r psi on some slimy rocky stuff without problem. the really neat thing about the UHD's is you can take the knobby off and just run the tube@ 30 psi for super-moto :banghead: