New 01' WR -- 426 No Spark!

2 replies to this topic
  • wrinmontana

Posted October 25, 2005 - 07:28 PM

New to the four strokes. Puchased used, prior owner stated he rode it last about 2 months ago. I am getting no spark, put in new plug -- no spark. No spark leaving coil. Unfamiliar with readings going into coil and ohm readings with bench test of coil. Does anyone know these values. Let me know. Any suggestions on which wire to bypass kill switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. :banghead: :banghead: :lol: :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted October 26, 2005 - 06:02 AM

New to the four strokes. Puchased used, prior owner stated he rode it last about 2 months ago. I am getting no spark, put in new plug -- no spark. No spark leaving coil. Unfamiliar with readings going into coil and ohm readings with bench test of coil. Does anyone know these values. Let me know. Any suggestions on which wire to bypass kill switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. :banghead: :lol: :busted: :banghead:

The first thing I would try is disconnect the kill switch :busted:

• tshe1

Posted October 26, 2005 - 06:42 AM

Thanks. :banghead: :banghead: :lol: :busted:

according to the manual, you have to do some checks:
ignition system connection,ignition coil,cdi magneto,neutral switch. (p 6-3 at the manual, you have the entire checks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.