Exhaust Burning Fender YZ426

8 replies to this topic
  • jmckinney

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:47 PM

I just replaced the stock exhaust pipe with a Whitbrothers Exhaust pipe on my 2000 YZ426. After a hard day of riding my fender was burned. Do any of you now if this is normal or is my jetting off. Thanks for the help Joey

• SBRacing

Posted October 25, 2005 - 04:56 PM

check your jetting you have to be running lean....

• phat_450f

Posted October 25, 2005 - 04:57 PM

how close is it to your fender.

• fixxor

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:55 PM

I have this heatshield stuff on the inside of mine, was on there when i bought it...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:03 PM

Did your stock pipe ever burn your fender? If not it could be either the Jetting or the diameter of the pipe is maybe a little bigger. One last possibility is maybe the newer pipe isn't packed correctly...

• sjwr450

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:44 PM

I'm assuming you have the White Bros with the plates? And it is burned out towards the end? I think those are a bad design. Every fender I have ever seen with that exhaust is burned.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 26, 2005 - 12:35 PM

I'm assuming you have the White Bros with the plates? And it is burned out towards the end? I think those are a bad design. Every fender I have ever seen with that exhaust is burned.

If it is the Eseries silencer with the plates - WB & Dennis Kirk sells a heat diffuser for this WB pipe that will keep the fender from getting scorched - I had one on my 02 WR426 :banghead:

• teamtoxic

Posted October 26, 2005 - 03:02 PM

Buy a roll of aluminum tape. Cut a piece off about 6 inches long and wrap it around the fender edge where the exhaust is burning it.

I know what you're talking about, I had a YZ426F with White Bros. E-Series exhaust and this solved my problem. My fender didn't get burn or discolor due to the exhaust in the 4 years I rode it.

If you check out "My Garage" I have a pic of the old 426 that shows what I'm talking about very clearly.

- Nick

• 150 Fuelie

Posted October 27, 2005 - 09:52 AM

I did the same thing as teamtoxic. People forget that the e-series shoots the exaust out of the discs not staright out the back. Lean or rich you will burn the fender.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.