Any reviews on the 06` YZ450...

31 replies to this topic
  • TimFurryBalls

Posted October 27, 2005 - 02:20 PM

I agree that Yamaha produces quality bikes. But, the statement about them being released in 2007 was a speculative rumor printed in Dirt Rider. The 250F probably would've sold well in its old layout. However, you only have to look on the floor of every Yamaha dealer to see that the 450F wasn't selling beyond the Yamaha loyalists! There is no way they could have gone to market and hit the profitability #'s they need w/the old design. That being said, they still dropped the ball bigtime! Every undecided 450F buyer will already be riding/racing Green/Yellow/Red/Orange for up to 6 months before having the chance to throw a leg over the '06 YZ450F. It's simple supply/demand thinking. If that bike was available in September, their sales would be through the roof (as I'm confident that it will be a great bike). However, w/the majority hitting the dealers in January/February, (when alot of us can't ride or riding is limited) during the slowest sales period doesn't bode well! I know two high volume dealers who have admitted that they will be stuck w/bikes late spring and early summer & they're not happy about it. Both had long waiting lists that have dwindled down as buyers (undecided-not Yami loyalists) go elswhere! If I worked in Yamaha's marketing department I would be worried.
All that being said, I think it will be an awesome bike. I'm looking forward to getting one in 2007!

Couldn't agree with you more! If I had money burning a hole in my wallet, and wanted a bike bad, but was told I couldn't get the one I wanted for another 4-6 months or so, I'd probably go with "the next best thing". I'm not tooting a Honda horn, but given all the past and current reviews of the red bike, it would really be hard for me to hold out for brand loyalty.

• kelldog

Posted October 28, 2005 - 06:28 AM

I still have my 04 WR450 but I want a lighter bike to take up to the nasty singletrack stuff in the piutes in Red Rock Cayon . The WR is a little heavy but hauls ass for all the other riding out there.

• ibleedblu

Posted October 28, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Truth is, :banghead: WE ALL BLEEDBLU............................... Every man woman & child willing to wait!! The payoff is coming :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted October 28, 2005 - 04:48 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=303670

• Satch0922

Posted October 28, 2005 - 04:53 PM

I agree that Yamaha produces quality bikes. But, the statement about them being released in 2007 was a speculative rumor printed in Dirt Rider. The 250F probably would've sold well in its old layout. However, you only have to look on the floor of every Yamaha dealer to see that the 450F wasn't selling beyond the Yamaha loyalists! There is no way they could have gone to market and hit the profitability #'s they need w/the old design. That being said, they still dropped the ball bigtime! Every undecided 450F buyer will already be riding/racing Green/Yellow/Red/Orange for up to 6 months before having the chance to throw a leg over the '06 YZ450F. It's simple supply/demand thinking. If that bike was available in September, their sales would be through the roof (as I'm confident that it will be a great bike). However, w/the majority hitting the dealers in January/February, (when alot of us can't ride or riding is limited) during the slowest sales period doesn't bode well! I know two high volume dealers who have admitted that they will be stuck w/bikes late spring and early summer & they're not happy about it. Both had long waiting lists that have dwindled down as buyers (undecided-not Yami loyalists) go elswhere! If I worked in Yamaha's marketing department I would be worried.
All that being said, I think it will be an awesome bike. I'm looking forward to getting one in 2007!

Man I love it! The weekend warriors that HAVE to have a new bike! There is no one on this board that can use an 05 YZ450 to its potential or wear one out in a year. So.....ride the bike a little longer (6 months....most on here ride a bike once a month...so 6 rides/races....WOW jeez).

We even have guys talking Yamaha corp's "profitability numbers".....wow.

This is getting funny....... unbelievalbe.........

So....you guys who just COULDN'T wait 6 months for a bike.....how are your race results on those red bikes? Any?

• FFRacing79

Posted October 28, 2005 - 05:02 PM

Man I love it! The weekend warriors that HAVE to have a new bike! There is no one on this board that can use an 05 YZ450 to its potential or wear one out in a year. So.....ride the bike a little longer (6 months....most on here ride a bike once a month...so 6 rides/races....WOW jeez).

So....you guys who just COULDN'T wait 6 months for a bike.....how are your race results on those red bikes? Any?

Satch, you dah MAN!! :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ripntear

Posted October 28, 2005 - 05:03 PM

Just a little condescending wouldn't you say Satch?

• Satch0922

Posted October 28, 2005 - 05:05 PM

Just a little condescending wouldn't you say Satch?

Sorry...it's just funny....

waiting on race results....

• joe346cbmx

Posted October 28, 2005 - 08:36 PM

Hey Satch, I Dropped Back In And I Just Saw The Pics You Posted. Cool. I Love The One Where S.e. Is Roosting. That Is Everts Isn't It. I Never Noticed How High He Runs His Levers. Really High. Wonder Why, Must Be A Comfortable Thing For Him, He Is A So So Rider I Guess He Knows What He Is Doing. Ha Ha. You Are Right About Being Impatient. I Can Be That Way At Times, But Truth Is After This Weekend. We Won't Get To Race Until March In D-17. May Be Play Riding Though. Later, Joe

• dmoney2023

Posted October 28, 2005 - 08:55 PM

Ok, so the bikes are not coming out when the others do. This creates a ton of anticipation and that is a good things. If the bikes make 1/2 as much of a difference as they did from 98-00' they they'll fly off the showroom floors.

Nothing is better than a Yamaha.

It'll be worth the wait.

Deep down we ALL know that.

• SCIENCE

Posted October 29, 2005 - 04:44 AM

You got me! I am definitely a weekend warrior, as are 99% of the TT members. I agree as well that no one on the board can use any of the 450's to their full potential. (While you can do w/your $ what you want, I get a kick out of those who immediately put a pipe on their 450.) However, I'm sorry to inform anybody w/an '05 YZ450F that once the '06 bike hits, the value of their bike is way low! You better hold onto it a couple more years to get your money's worth.
As I've posted before, I sold my '04 CRF early than I thought and for more $ than I thought. (Thank god as there is a glut of them for sale now) My situation, like many of us (wife, kids,job) allows me to be able to have one bike (paid for) & get out 3-5 times a month. While I really wanted the '06 YZF, the old out of sight/out of mind theory kicked in and frankly, I didn't want to miss 18-30 rides this fall/early winter. As well, the '06 YZF is still an unknown quantity. (I rode Yamahas from 1978-2003 & tried the 450F and just couldn't come to terms w/it. I think the 2006 will be a great bike though) I knew what I was getting w/the CRF on top of the fact that I will be riding all fall! And isn't that what it's all about?
Lastly, I stick by my commemts regarding Yamaha's poor planning. While I'm being a little selfish, I still think that they will be stuck w/ a few leftovers. The numbers don't lie. If I'm wrong in 9 months, I'll recant!
I gotta go ride!

• Satch0922

Posted October 29, 2005 - 04:47 AM

excellent response. I wave the white flag now! :lol: :banghead: :busted:

That Science guy is ok in my book. :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.