Any reviews on the 06` YZ450...

31 replies to this topic
  • MHill

Posted October 25, 2005 - 01:24 PM

...That you can provide links to? I currently ride an 04` CRF250R and have been looking into either an 06` YZ250 or the 06` RMZ450, but I want to wait until I hear about the 06` YZ450 before I pick a new ride. Any links would be greatly appreciated.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 25, 2005 - 01:27 PM

none nada nothing on the 450....yet :banghead:

plenty on the 250 :banghead:

• RAMARION

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:32 PM

a buddy of mine, said a friend of his just P/U his 06 YZ450 in LA, Ca............I was agueing with him telling him it was a 250, but he says NO!!!!!!!!!!!

That could be GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

• mackeymx

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:35 PM

get the rmz and be happy.

• Reyndogg

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:37 PM

i'll get two! one to poo on and the other to cover it up :banghead: :lol:

:banghead:

• RAMARION

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:42 PM

a buddy of mine, said a friend of his just P/U his 06 YZ450 in LA, Ca............I was agueing with him telling him it was a 250, but he says NO!!!!!!!!!!!

That could be GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

WRONG INFO............NO BIKE.... :lol:

Two Weeks............just like X-Mas........... :banghead:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted October 26, 2005 - 10:04 AM

Expect some 450F reviews from the mag's websites sometime in the next few weeks.

I would hope.

• Reyndogg

Posted October 26, 2005 - 10:51 AM

Few weeks...i hope to have my bike in a few weeks lol

<sigh>

• Satch0922

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:05 PM

and get a 4 speed with a MANUAL cam chain tensioner.....THAT's high tech...

• 02YZ426

Posted October 26, 2005 - 07:36 PM

This delay on the 450s from Yamaha is getting annoying... I think they need to step up the production just a bit. I wonder how much sales Yamaha will lose due to the late release? or do you think Yamaha riders are loyal enough to wait it out?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ibleedblu

Posted October 26, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Im in for the long hall... I just dont think you can beat the reliability you get when you buy a Yamaha. I dont race but i do ride a lot of single track, and desert and I have never had a single problem. I just sold a 03 WR450 & waiting on a paid for 06 yz450. But.. Im with ya, they need to quit scewing around and get them bikes out, as for the guys that dont wait, they will wish they would have cuz the new 450s, are going to rock.... :banghead: :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted October 27, 2005 - 04:30 AM

PEOPLE!!!!! Do a little research before you start complaining. These bikes were not supposed to be released until next year as 2007 models. About 12 months ago Yamaha really stepped up R&D and are doing everything they can to get the bike out as soon as possible. Of course it takes time to make GOOD bikes. Some manufacturers can get away with delivering an inferior ticking time bomb.....Yamaha doesn't do that.

• ride yzf all the way

Posted October 27, 2005 - 04:55 AM

yeah they were supost to come out in 07 so get over a little delay

• SCIENCE

Posted October 27, 2005 - 09:44 AM

PEOPLE!!!!! Do a little research before you start complaining. These bikes were not supposed to be released until next year as 2007 models. About 12 months ago Yamaha really stepped up R&D and are doing everything they can to get the bike out as soon as possible. Of course it takes time to make GOOD bikes. Some manufacturers can get away with delivering an inferior ticking time bomb.....Yamaha doesn't do that.

I agree that Yamaha produces quality bikes. But, the statement about them being released in 2007 was a speculative rumor printed in Dirt Rider. The 250F probably would've sold well in its old layout. However, you only have to look on the floor of every Yamaha dealer to see that the 450F wasn't selling beyond the Yamaha loyalists! There is no way they could have gone to market and hit the profitability #'s they need w/the old design. That being said, they still dropped the ball bigtime! Every undecided 450F buyer will already be riding/racing Green/Yellow/Red/Orange for up to 6 months before having the chance to throw a leg over the '06 YZ450F. It's simple supply/demand thinking. If that bike was available in September, their sales would be through the roof (as I'm confident that it will be a great bike). However, w/the majority hitting the dealers in January/February, (when alot of us can't ride or riding is limited) during the slowest sales period doesn't bode well! I know two high volume dealers who have admitted that they will be stuck w/bikes late spring and early summer & they're not happy about it. Both had long waiting lists that have dwindled down as buyers (undecided-not Yami loyalists) go elswhere! If I worked in Yamaha's marketing department I would be worried.
All that being said, I think it will be an awesome bike. I'm looking forward to getting one in 2007!

• kelldog

Posted October 27, 2005 - 11:23 AM

:banghead: All I know is I'm getting real tired of waiting for Yamaha to pull their heads out and get the 450 out to the consumer. I sold my YZ250 so I could get the new 50TH aniversery 450 a month and a half ago. If they don't get on it soon I,ll have to get something else. Maybe a KX450 or an other YZ250 2 stroker!!!!!! :banghead: :lol:

• Reyndogg

Posted October 27, 2005 - 11:25 AM

See i have my bike sold, but the new owner can't have it until my 06 is here... you gotta work better deals, kelldog :banghead:

j/k

when i saw november for release, i figure i wont get mine for at least another month or more

• SureBlue

Posted October 27, 2005 - 11:45 AM

Kelldog, I'm in the same boat with you. :banghead:
I sold my both bikes on time to make space for my new 450. But you won't see me taking another brand. I'm too blue :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted October 27, 2005 - 12:34 PM

If that bike was available in September, their sales would be through the roof (as I'm confident that it will be a great bike).

Really? Gee, just think of what their sales would have been like if they brought it out in late '04!

Every undecided 450F buyer will already be riding/racing Green/Yellow/Red/Orange for up to 6 months before having the chance to throw a leg over the '06 YZ450F.

And whose loss will that be?

• SCIENCE

Posted October 27, 2005 - 01:21 PM

I sense some sarcasm. Facts are facts. I've been in sales for over 16 years and the numbers never lie. If they had that bike out in late 2004 their sales would have been at least 50% higher than they were for the '05 offering. Take a look around your local Yami dealers, they all have leftovers (some have '04's). Not only does it kill the dealers floor plan, but Yamaha's sales #'s for this model are atrocious! Getting the '06 to market in a more timely fashion would have paid off big time!

The loss is Yamaha's mostly. I would have loved to get back on blue in 2006. I also wanted to be able to ride and race this fall and early winter so I went w/another brand. I know of at least 6 others that I ride w/that would have done the same. Take a look around the races/trails/practice tracks and you'll see very few YZ450F's. Unfortunately for Yamaha, this will continue well into 2006.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 27, 2005 - 02:00 PM

I sense some sarcasm. Facts are facts. I've been in sales for over 16 years and the numbers never lie. If they had that bike out in late 2004 their sales would have been at least 50% higher than they were for the '05 offering. Take a look around your local Yami dealers, they all have leftovers (some have '04's). Not only does it kill the dealers floor plan, but Yamaha's sales #'s for this model are atrocious! Getting the '06 to market in a more timely fashion would have paid off big time!

The loss is Yamaha's mostly. I would have loved to get back on blue in 2006. I also wanted to be able to ride and race this fall and early winter so I went w/another brand. I know of at least 6 others that I ride w/that would have done the same. Take a look around the races/trails/practice tracks and you'll see very few YZ450F's. Unfortunately for Yamaha, this will continue well into 2006.

Shoulda woulda coulda........every damn new 400/426 I ever bought new came out Nov-Jan from 1999 - 2002......The 03 450 came out Nov - Jan Not sure about the 04-05 and don't care..... the fact is, this is when Yamaha releases these bikes....I agree if they would have done this or if they would have done that....sales may be stronger....but I also would state that due to the popularity of the CRF450 and the fact that everone "had to have one" the Yami sales still would have been flat....you can thank the magazines for helping on this...
I believe anxiety is the real issue here...I know I have a bad case of it(hell I almost bought a 06 CRF)....I laugh when I read lately here that the 06 YZF450 is now going to be a 07...what a joke...we all have a bad case of bike fever...and the fact that possibly the best 450 is yet to come is driving us nuts.....so take a chill pill, stop the bitchen, griping and delusional remorse and just keep telling yourself as I do......be patient when it comes out it will be the "killer bike" as the 250 is showing that class a thang or 2.
Also don't you think that it just may be a competitive advantage to be the last to release.....and I thank my lovely wife who told me over and over...."don't those CRF's have problems"

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.