Michigan title progress

6 replies to this topic
  • xr_stamm

Posted October 25, 2005 - 12:41 PM

I downloaded the form for bike inspection and VIN verification from the website and expected to have to walk the cop through the process.... To my suprise I called the PD and told them I needed an "VIN inspection" and they said "Great, are you with the vehicle now?". I dropped the phone and pooped a little. THEY WERE READY TO COME RIGHT OUT!!

So tonight they are coming out and after that I should just need to pay my fees at the Sec of State and plated I will be. Good thing I'm doing this now. I love riding in 30degree weather.

• Xr650rhonda

Posted October 25, 2005 - 01:16 PM

Mine was easy as well, I am planning on a couple of rides before the Nov 15 gun season, you should get a couple of rides in before the snow! :banghead:

• Eric_and_Liz

Posted October 26, 2005 - 12:34 AM

Quick question for you guys on this. When we rotate back to the states I intend to buy a XR650R and dual sport it. What was the process that you went through to get yours done? The question is to either do it in Michigan (home) or Arizona (next duty station hopefully).

Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PigRider

Posted October 26, 2005 - 09:24 AM

I also have a BRP in Michigan. I bought my '01 in 2002 from a guy who had already titled it for the street. He knew a friendly cop who came out and verified that it was street legal. (Although it really isn't; no brake light, no mirrors, no horn). The cop filled out a form that the owner took to the secretary of state. They accepted it no problem. When I bought it, since the street title was already done, I just transferred it into my name.

• xr_stamm

Posted October 26, 2005 - 09:45 AM

The correct process as I know it is this:

Go to the Secretary of State (Michigan) website and print out the TI-54 form, call your local police department and request a "VIN inspection". They all seem to know what that means. If you add or subtract words from that you will end up getting transferred and lost in voice mail.

The copper does a VIN inspection and a equipment inspection of the bike and signs off on it. You take that to the Sec of State, pay your money, and get your plate.

• Eric_and_Liz

Posted October 27, 2005 - 03:43 AM

Excellent. As the old man is a retired Dep Sherriff it should be a bit easier.

:lol: :busted: :banghead: :banghead:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 27, 2005 - 06:04 PM

I downloaded the form for bike inspection and VIN verification from the website and expected to have to walk the cop through the process.... To my suprise I called the PD and told them I needed an "VIN inspection" and they said "Great, are you with the vehicle now?". I dropped the phone and pooped a little. THEY WERE READY TO COME RIGHT OUT!!

So tonight they are coming out and after that I should just need to pay my fees at the Sec of State and plated I will be. Good thing I'm doing this now. I love riding in 30degree weather.

yeah, not really the season to do it. where im MI are you?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.