E-series Exhaust

11 replies to this topic
  • 69jamie69jamie

Posted October 25, 2005 - 04:43 AM

Hi I Have An E-series S-bend Exhausts But It Is Just To Loud. Does Anyone Know Where You Can Buy Baffles To Fit This Exhaust From. My Bike Is A '99 Wr400

• Brettv

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:13 AM

take some discs out, that makes it quiter, or i think there was some sort of quiet insert you could buy, quietiscool.com or something
ive got the pro meg, sounds unreal i reckon

• blooozboy

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:34 AM

Dont know if it helps? but I have a CRD exhaust on my 426 that is quiet and I am looking for an exhaust that breaths better if they are both compatible would you be interested in a deal.I am in S Wales

• byggd

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:58 AM

Hi I Have An E-series S-bend Exhausts But It Is Just To Loud. Does Anyone Know Where You Can Buy Baffles To Fit This Exhaust From. My Bike Is A '99 Wr400

Is your muffler wide open or does it have discs? When I got my 426 my e-series was wide open so I ordered some discs, screws, a quiet core insert, and end cap all here from TT :banghead: 4 discs is equal to a 1" opening, I run 6 and it's only loud at WOT and high RPMs.

• 69jamie69jamie

Posted October 25, 2005 - 06:49 AM

yeah sounds good. i use it for work and the neighbours dont really appreciate the noise in the early hours wb

• 69jamie69jamie

Posted October 25, 2005 - 06:51 AM

mine has about 9 discs so how many to make it quieter. where do you get the quiet insert from

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:25 AM

mine has about 9 discs so how many to make it quieter. where do you get the quiet insert from

I got down to 6 discs on my 400 and it was still to loud. It needs to be re-packed. Go to local shop and try to get some E-series specific packing if not, look for 4 stroke packing. Youll have to drill out the rivets on the can and put in new rivets.

Good Luck :banghead:

• byggd

Posted October 25, 2005 - 09:00 AM

You can get it here at the TT store. It's listed in the white brothers magazine. :banghead:

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:51 PM

You can get it here at the TT store. It's listed in the white brothers magazine. :banghead:

Wow, so is the packing kit :banghead:

byggd - How do like that insert thingy? I would love to make this bike just a little quieter........

• byggd

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:59 AM

Wow, so is the packing kit :banghead:

byggd - How do like that insert thingy? I would love to make this bike just a little quieter........

Honestly I put everything on at once so I'm not sure how much it helped but as long as I short shift and don't let it rev it's relatively quiet.

• srhines67

Posted November 01, 2005 - 11:25 PM

I have the e series with the quiet core silencer and my low end was a little lean and my pipe ran hotter and melted a hold in my rear brake res. Please let me know if you have the same issue. I would like to come up with a solution.

• byggd

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:40 PM

I have the e series with the quiet core silencer and my low end was a little lean and my pipe ran hotter and melted a hold in my rear brake res. Please let me know if you have the same issue. I would like to come up with a solution.

These bikes come lean to start with so if you open up the airbox and put on a pipe you need to richen up your jetting to keep it from running hot.....but don't go too rich i'm told that can make the pipe glow too :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.